Tip for great guests review. It really works!

Blagoje0
Level 10
Split, Croatia

Tip for great guests review. It really works!

I have something like a small school blackboard. Prior guest arrival I write something as "welcome to my city" on language where the guest comes (google translate works just fine). I also draw the symbol of the city or the country where they come from. For example, if guests arrive from Paris I draw the Eiffel Tower, if guests are from New Zealand kiwi bird draw:). Guests are really happy and impressed with the attention.

You like it?

32 Replies 32
Elle13
Level 2
Cleveland, OH

I have a huge welcome board near the door that has all the info for guests to navigate the apartment and building - with detailed floor plans too. it has the safety card, host introduction, how to use the amenities, wi-fi info, and so much more. I put a lot of work into making this board so the guests never feel troubled. Yet, despite all my efforts, I just received my first review and it's not so great. She raved about my apartment but complained about the building being old and smelling like smoke. Those are things I can't really control. I am really disheartened and I feel like I'm off to a bad start 😞

Hi Elle!

It is always best to put accurate photos and description of your accommodation and surrounding area so that guests know what to expect.

As for occasional incovenience (smoke smell) that is outside of your conrol this tip may help.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Seventh-tip-for-great-guests-review-It-really-works/m-p/237672...

Maybe you can add in the description something like don't be fooled by the building and how your apartment is a hidden gem in a safe area... and also include that the apartment is Non-Smoking but the building is not a Non-Smoking building, etc. So if they were to read that review they may still look forward to booking your place.  Good Luck! 🙂

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

We saw such a blackboard exactly one year ago at our private room during the AO in Paris.

And we looked for one, and found one. Since then we like to communicate by the blackboard with our guests.

This is what the last guest wrote before he left this morning:

Airbnb 19.11.2016 10-29-54.JPG

Sehr nett 😉

Javier115
Level 1
Miami, FL

Excellent idea, Yesterday we received our first guest we feel like a blind appointment but It was a nice experience, I  just give a thank you card. I  did a comment  with them that is our first time, they just answer for us too....I think was a good begining even they are from India and we are from Colombia, they speak English with full accent and I too. I think be honest and transparent is a good rule.

Adriana-and-Marta0
Level 3
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

How can I see individual ratings, per guests?

If anybody knows please let me know?

Thank you very much.

By the way, GREAT IDEA OF THE BLACKBOARD!

Marta

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

@Adriana-and-Marta0 The only way is, to check your statistics after each review - to see the difference in each category. Then you know if your latest guest gave you 5 stars or less.

Thank you very much. It is a petty we cannot have access to those ratings. I did follow them but I was surprised with some of the value rates, as a couple of them the guests paid a very low day rate for the place. Grazie!!!!!!!

Claudia304
Level 1
Miami Beach, FL

Great idea! Thank you for your tip 🙂

Joshua42
Level 3
Lynchburg, VA

We travelled to an Air BnB where the host did this and we loved it! Found it to be very charming and welcoming. 

Keila0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

It's great! I use to do something like this also. It works a lot. 

I always give them some gift. They enjoy it.

❤️

Jean119
Level 2
Birkirkara, Malta

Thanks for the info.

Regards

Jean

Edward57
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

veru nice and sweet idea , i really like it 

We use those notepads we collect from hotels or diff events, and we write a welcome greeting with their first names on the first page and sometimes add chocolate, etc besides it.  If you reflect back on those small gestures from the hotels or any lodging places that impressed you, why not apply it for your guests. If anyone stayed at the Doubletree/Hilton Hotel, you know what I am talking about 😉