Tips for great guests review. It really works!

Blagoje0
Level 10
Split, Croatia

Tips for great guests review. It really works!

I summerize a few of my, easy to do, suggestions how to make your guests feel exceptionally. Hope you find some of them useful.

- get a small blackboard and prior guests arrival write welcome note in their own language. Maybe even draw symbol of the city or country where they come from. Guests will be impressed with your attention.

- if guests leave your place clean be sure to tell them that! Guest will be very pleased and feel great that you noiced it.

- having a guest with a baby or maybe a pet? Leave baby bibs or baby rattle. Guest will be really suprised and overwhelmed that you remember their yungest one. Or maybe a pet cookies for their furry friend.

- I suggest to visit all best places to see and save the exact google location coordinates on your cell phone and send them to your guests explaining where each Google shared location leads to. They will appreciate your informations and enjoy your recommendations that only locals know and can not be found in any tourist guidebooks and brochures. 

- during the stay of your guests always ask is everithing OK and do they need something. Guests will see you as careful and easily reachable host whom they can turn to at any time if needed.

- before guests arrival buy a souvenir of your city and place it out of the eye reach. On the check out day message them wishing safe back home and tell them to take a look at that "hidden place". It will create that WOW! effect and your guests will be amazed with your attention.

47 Replies 47

Same here , it is a wonderful thing to read ,when guests  are gone ! 

I can't wait for spring! Just when I think it's here, we get another snowstorm! I am ready to put some flower pots with bright petunias by my entrance door. Waiting for my tulips and daffodils to greet my guests. Time to do the windows, wash down kitchen  cabinets, paint jobs.... Not my favorite chores, but it makes a huge difference in the place. Aija

Chong9
Level 2
Ipoh, Malaysia

Thanks for the tips and will capture every pics for reference.

The key to hosting is letting your personality shine through. Give your place a personal touch. That does not require spending a lot of money for expensive art objects. People appreciate the little things you do for them. The most important moment is how they are greeted. Fresh cut flowers on the table, welcome home with their name on chalkboard, some fruit in bowl. The first impression sets the tone for the whole stay. Get in a routine that works for YOU! It always surprises me how many people upon leaving give me a friendly hug! That means, they felt relaxed and comfortable in their surroundings. 

Alex1095
Level 3
Tulum, Mexico

Thanks much for your recommendations! We leave water bottles, coffee and a bottle of wine for good reservations. 

What is a "good reservation"?  My rates are $85/night with a 2-night minimum.  I thought I would leave extras with a 3-night reservation.  Thanks for any input!

Depends on your area- I vary my prices depending on weekend/ weeknight/ holidays. Keeping in mind that a guest hunks their trip is special regardless of how long it is, maybe plan to leave something extra regardless, and vary the amount you spend on it in relation to the amount of the reservation. (Ex: 7-10% of the amount of the stay.) 

Also, while I started out leaving muffins and baked stuff from a shop down the street, you never know what people’s tastes are. Instead of a unique gift each time, I just have a breakfast bar with cereal, oatmeal and yogurt, and I chose to spend the money elsewhere (high quality pillows/ bedding.) This kind of investment will go just as far/ further in your reviews.

Hi Rachel, yes, how much should we spend on a greeting? I try to keep it to $20-25. My cleaning fee is $25. I usually do my own cleaning, so it's a wash.  During the summer months, I've been leaving my guests a container of gaspacho with croissants or muffins. Some fruit, or home grown cherry tomatoes. The fridge always has juice, milk and filtered water. Plenty of coffee and teas. I have many guests flying in from various parts of the country or the world. They all appreciate a cold or hot soup.  Usually, that will take care of any shortcomings and everyone is happy. 

Farouk4
Level 2
La Marsa, Tunisia

Great Tips ! Thank you 

Anastasia161
Level 2
San Diego, CA

We have been hosting off and on for over two years and so far it has been a very positive experience. I made sure to purchase a very comfortable mattress (which most of our guests mention) I also use down alternative pillows (2 firm and 2 soft) as well as a down alternative comforter in case any guests have allergies to down and a non-scented detergent.

I installed black-out shades (I bought and installed myself from a home store) I have a sound machine on the night stand as well as a clock radio with USB port. 

I supply a simple breakfast and snack (left in the room prior to their arrival) croissant, jam, butter, a breakfast pastry, fresh fruit, coffee,  tea, bottled water, soda and a small dish of candies.

I always put fresh flowers from our garden in the bedroom and bathroom.

I have a subscription to a local magazine that lists new happenings in town that I leave for the guests as well as a binder filled with our personal recommendations to our favorite restaurants, sightseeing, beaches, hikes, etc., along with coupons. I have also put together a little library of books about the history of our town and interesting things to do in our area.

I make a point to do a little theme decorating if we are having guests staying with us over holidays like Christmas, New a Year, Valentine’s, etc. Our place is contemporary so I use simple decorations, nothing too over the top.

We are located on the coast, many of our guests are here to vacation so we have extra beach towels, chairs, snorkeling equipment and a cooler we are happy to let them borrow.

These are just a few of the things we do to make our guests feel welcomed and so far it seems to be working. 

Anastasia! You  have an excellent formula for a successful Airbnb at a great location. Those extra amenities seal the 5*. I also provide extra food the first day so the guest doesn't need to rush out shopping for basic groceries. Many people have been enroute many hours from across the country or overseas. My cleaning fee is $25, but I do my own cleaning. That money I earn goes towards goodies. Soup, cheese, fresh bread, milk, etc. I can tell that you enjoy it as well!  That is rule number one in everything you do!

Mindy40
Level 2
Joshua Tree, CA

One nice thing is to leave some local treats for guests such as coffee and in season organic fruit along with individual packets of natural sugar and creamer . Chilled water with lemon or cucumber slices floated on top is also a favorite with guests . Having a guest binder with menus from area restaurants as well as brochures for area attractions and any events happening during their stay helps make their visit memorable . I love the fresh flower idea! Will be using that one !

Hello 

Super tips, I am new to AIRBNB and I am going to try out these for my next guest! How do I become a Superhost? Is it to do with the amount of people staying or the reviews that are left??

Thanks a mill

Susie (ireland)

Ayala3
Level 2
Jerusalem, Israel

Hi... first time taking part within the airbnb community world. Was great reading your tips.. thanks for sharing. I would also like to share and add to this thread..

Celebrations are always a great advantage to give your guest a thoughtful and warm experience as they really feel valued, personally acknowledged and that you are celebrating with them, simply by being thoughtful. Usually it's that guests have mentioned they are coming on a honeymoon trip or birthday treat for example. It then mpels me to add something extra, to go that extra step to make it memorable too. Plus, afterwards, it leaves a strong impression in their memory..

2 different guests (couples) from last year returned again to the apartment this year.. 😉 so it works **

and i always have a jar of choccies or halva coated pecans - something unique and special that is different than the usual.