Too quiet?

Mary703
Level 6
San Jose, CA

Too quiet?

I just had a guest leave a review saying my house was too quiet, and I should maybe have quiet music in the background. She gave me a 4 out of 5 in my Review. How can I keep my SuperHost status with each guest making such individual requests? I feel like Goldilocks and the 3 Bears.

53 Replies 53

@Ute0- Most of the Mexicans in my town would kill for a sound system like that. Just right for backyard parties, the louder the better.

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

Ute, you are a crack-up (as we say in Australia). I think I've loved every single thing you've ever posted. I'm definitely coming to stay with you if I ever come to Germany!

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

Ute, you are a crack-up (as we say in Australia). I think I've loved every single thing you've ever posted. I'm definitely coming to stay with you if I ever come to Germany!

Gisele20
Level 5
Florida, United States

@Ute0 in Germany

The Superhost rating doesn’t make sense to me and the ratings in general. One 1 star from a guest who broke all the rules and me just mentioning the house rules and pointing out no cigar smoking either, made the guest go crazy and moving out leaving me a 1star review for revenge. All the 5 stars afterwards  didn’t make the rating come up, still at 4.7. 

You are right, it’s not difficult to please any guests. Let them trash your beds down to the mattress support. Have them spill all the food they picked up and let them dump it on a brand new blue rug. Have them bring their baby and have them let their baby poop all over the whole rug as it is crawling around naked. And believe it, when the guest (a lawyer!) tells you that he didn’t eat in the bedroom but brought that dish with food, which had BEEN IN THE CAR the whole time since he arrived 3 days earlier, ( 95F outside temperatures) he just brought to the room 300feet away to put in the garbage there because  the big garbage can was only 20 feet away,too close. Yes, you hear all kinds of stories and for some guests it’s never right! Yes, let them do what they want, you should not have rules  to spoil their stay. After all a Superhost is one, that lets the guests do, what they want and smiles and invites them for dinner and offers them extra free stays.

Lol!!!! I thought you were serious for a second.... then I scrolled and saw the picture. I bust out laughing 

Ute, you never fail to entertain!  : )

Gåmann @Ute! You're hilarious!!

Mariann 🙂

Turn that baby up for me Ute! I’m from NYC perhaps you can get me the police sirens, car honking, random drunk yelling profanities , jack hammer play list? Helps me sleep like a baby!  It would be most appreciated! Thanks you really know how to make a person feel at home!

Alex939
Level 10
Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Such a story! Way Too Ridiculous!!! @Mary703 did you try to have this review removed? 

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Oh, @Mary703, you poor thing. Perhaps a couple of alley cats or raccoons could be persuaded to shriek at each other outside the guest room window at midnight so you are assured five stars? 

Or maybe have a tasmanian devil as a pet in the house. Listen to it, it's unbelievable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3RjAh8PRTQ

Hi Mary, keep us posted on this. I looked for the review and though I found it under your profile, I didn't see it in the listing. I am hoping you reached AirBnb support to either remove or not have it count towards your overal superhost status rating review, especially when the wording of the review was in such nice tone and praising you much, the 4 star seems totally uncalled for.

Good luck,

Isabel and Richard

I think maybe she put it in her personal note to me, but still it makes me sigh. I also had a guest that had a moth fly into her room, and she put in her notes "bugs". Sigh again.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Mary703  Totally insane. They must be the kind of folks who always have the TV on at home or something- I know people who turn the TV on the instant they get out of bed before they even get to the kitchen to make the coffee. It just stays on all day, even though no one is actually watching it. 

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

Badge of honor to be tainted as "too quiet". Stick a little $20 Sony AM/FM radio in there. https://www.amazon.com/Sony-ICFP26-Portable-Radio-Black/dp/B012F0DGYE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1531800...