Towel theif

Rebecca65
Level 3
Kenosha, WI

Towel theif

So I had my first disappointing guest. He was messy and just gross. Leaving his red pubic hairs all over the bathroom. He review reflected his inconsiderate behavior. My main issue is I'm fairly sure he stole some towels. I've tried to contact him with no luck. I know it's just towels but it's the point of he stole.
What further can I do?
4 Replies 4

Hi,

I'm new to hosting too. Are you able to deduct the cost of the towels from the deposit? Also, have you completed a guest review?  

Leticia-and-Leonid0
Level 2
Jerusalem, Israel

put a resolution and demand for the price that towels will cost you. if you have still the receipt atach it or if not get new towels and whit new receipt. hopefully airbnb reimburse you for this. how much time pass from the check out? let us know how was the outcome 🙂

Christopher47
Level 2
Plymouth, MA

Hi Rebecca,

I would initiate a resolution request, which you can find under your reservation history, and submit a claim for the cost of new towels. He may leave you a negative review in return, but if you want the money to replace the towels, proceed with a resolution request!

Cheers

Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You have stated 'I'm fairly sure he stole some towels'. You need to be more than fairly sure, you need to be certain he stole those towels before you accuse him as he could turn around deny it and put in a complaint against you.

Do you clean the property yourself before each guest? Were the towels there when you checked him in? Did you check him out? Has anyone else been in the property between checking him out and you noticing the towels were missing?  If you can answer yes to all those question the go ahead and e-mail him via the Airbnb platform. Ask him where the towels are first of all. Inform him you have searched for them as soon as he checked out to clean them but have not been able to find them therefore you intend to open a claim against his deposit via the resolution centre.

Then get a couple of 0n-line quotes for similar or same towels, sent the claim along with the quotes via the resolution centre.

He more than likely took them but you need to be certain before you make allegations of theft against a guest.

BW, Ama