Trouble setting up listing...unable to get past Step 2. Can anyone help?

Brian418
Level 2
Minneapolis, MN

Trouble setting up listing...unable to get past Step 2. Can anyone help?

Hello all!

I'm excited to join the airbnb community as a host, but I cannot get past Step 2: "Set the Scene". Even though I've uploaded photos and filled in content, it won't allow me to continue past that point. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Brian
Minneapolis, MN 

6 Replies 6
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Brian418. Two weeks ago, setting up someone else's account I had problems with getting on. Logging out and leaving it for a while helped. Then after logging in I was able to finish the listing.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Brian418
Level 2
Minneapolis, MN

Thanks for your suggestion, Marzena! I just realized my problem was that I had a few too many words in one section. They needed to be deleted before I could move on. Learning here... 🙂

I assumed you read the messages (aka red frames) of the site, @Brian418 😉 The truth is that Airbnb doesn't prompt that there are too few or too many words... 

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

i m havimng same problem. do you know how many words are allowed? when i preview, i see everything but it wont let me complete listing. i am below 500 in first section

What is the solution? I have waited 3 days and cannot see my description to make it shorter.

Carmine23
Level 1
Long Beach, CA

Same problem. can't get past step two. can't edit my summary to reduce the words to 500 or less. 

It keeps returning to original 1000 word summary. My home and guest room are ready. just need to complete airbn setup.