Two guests have stolen my costly article (4000 euros costs).

Answered!
Jeeyoung0
Level 2
Graz, Austria

Two guests have stolen my costly article (4000 euros costs).

Two guests have stolen my costly article (4000 euros costs). so, i alrady wrote police report and claimed by airbnb.

mt question is:

i already claimed by airbnb on 16.mar. but yesterday on 19.mar. i realized that my flute and clarinet disappeared too.

so i want to demand more compensation.

then now, 

1. do I have to wait until the previous claim is solved?
  2. or do I have to cancel the previous claim and then again clam it?

i wanted to attach photos, but difficult. i want to upload their photo and fraudulent practices.

besides they tried to tell a fib me.

could you teach me, how i can upload the photos.

then, we can prevent another damage.

the thief is englishman, [name hidden]

His birthday is [date hidden]

And his girlfriend was also here, is called [name hidden], works for easyjet.

His handynummer is [number hidden], your handynummer is [number hidden]

She said that she left from Graz to London on 16.march.

please help me.

thanks for reading my text.

1 Best Answer
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Certainly put in another claim to AirBnB but more importantly make sure you have claimed on your own Insurance.

I see you rent out an aprtment which make me wonder what they were doing there. And how you will show that these guests took them.

David

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Certainly put in another claim to AirBnB but more importantly make sure you have claimed on your own Insurance.

I see you rent out an aprtment which make me wonder what they were doing there. And how you will show that these guests took them.

David

but then i have to erase previous claim, otherwise i can't put in another claim.

and i can't write added.

if i try it, "Validation failed: You have an open claim with Hollie right now. Once they've replied to your original claim, you can open a new one with them." this sentence is expressed.

My simplistic view is that is fomebody steals something the Resolution Center is not going to produce a result, I do not know how you add another claim to the system, not sure I have read a work around either, best to call AirBnb.

David

i spoke to airbnb. and i believe firmly airbnb will solve it.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I do hope they will but from what hosts report on here - success is limited.

I really don't understand why you would leave such expensive items lying around in your department.

If you are hosting remotely lock them away.

You also really need to have your own insurance for short term lettings.

Thank you for your answer.

but.

you mean to say that my fault?

i don't need your understanding.

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Jeeyoung0

Musical increments are a very personal thing and have great sentimental value, so I can understand how upset you must feel.

While what I’m about to say will not help you, it may be of some assistance to new hosts or existing hosts who have not given theft much thought.

Jeeyoung, how much was your security deposit set at and why did you leave such expensive item laying around?

Insurance companies are casting a jaundiced eye over short term letting and in ever increasing numbers and are refusing to underwrite property that is being short term let, so their actuaries have calculated the risk is too high.

So as host we need to look at our properties and remove anything that has high value or more importantly sentimental value depending on your perspective.

I have set my property up for tourist (people who want to explore the attraction that Krakow has to offer) I don’t have a T.V., Radios or most of the paraphernalia that my home has simply because the risk versus the requirement is too high.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Jeeyoung0 does not have a security deposit, not sure what benefit there would be in having one for this sort of incident.

David

@David126

@david, I would agree none what so ever what we have here is a systemic system failure which needs to fixed and not brushed under the carpet.

The checks and balances are not working and need to be greatly improved with regards to vetting Guest and Hosts a like.

In the last week, I’ve read about guest

1. Extorting money with menaces.

2. Unwanted sexual advances.

3. Unadulterated theft.

4. Vindictive and vexatious reviews.

The list goes on and on we as Host should be demanding higher standards from AirBnb vetting procedures and not allow Airbnb expect Host to have the skills to identify Roque elements.

Leon78
Level 2
Launching Place, Australia

Two guests, introduced to me by Airbnb, skimmed my credit card and two other guests as well as stealing other items, Airbnb have been absolutly no help at all, assigning a case manager, whom does not contact me and I can not contact. Brilliant, Leon