Two young guys for music festival

Jill35
Level 1
Chicago, IL

Two young guys for music festival

I accepted a reservation for two young (20s) guys for Lollapallooza in Chicago the last weekend of July for my entire apartment - I will not be there - and I'm starting to get nervous. Upon accepting I displayed my nerves a bit by stating "I know how crazy it can get there so I just ask that you respect my neighbors and leave the partying in Grant Park" (where the festival is). He responded with a promise to keep the noise down, but I don't think that's the same thing as not having a party in my apartment! I updated my rules to state explicitly no parties and used the new Airbnb tools to set the rules, including no parties, but his reservation was accepted before either of those things were in place.

Is there anything I can do to reiterate that my apartment should be a crash pad and not a party pad?

1 Reply 1
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

He accepted based on the rules you had in place - I assume that already said no parties? Even if it didn't then you have also reiterated to them in your email trail to leave the party in the park. I assume you also have a security deposit.

Had they any reviews?

Not a lot more you can do unless you want to cancel the reservation - which you could do but would be penalised and would not be able to re offer it for those dates through AirBnB.