UPDATE - Payout Routing Rules

Marko17
Level 5
Bled, Slovenia

UPDATE - Payout Routing Rules

"We're making some changes to the way you manage payout routing rules. You will no longer be able to select a payout method for an individual upcoming payout. Instead, your payout will be split at the time it's released according to your payout routing rules. Please let us know what you think about the changes by emailing payout-feedback@airbnb.com"

Can anyone explain WHY? Is it because of some law restriction or...? 
Why is this not an option anymore? I had everything so well organised and planned, now with this new update everything fell apart..
What do I think? I am dissapointed AF. 

31 Replies 31

Google Translate: 

"I have some good news about bookings that have routing routing rules instead of the payment method defined by the routing rules, which is new to Airbnb hosts - the payment method and Routing rules are no longer set when the booking was made, but when the payment is sent to you.

That is, your payment will be divided when it is released, according to your routing rules.

You will have the option to change the routing rules until the moment the deposit is released for any reservation that was created after March 8th.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience and if you have any other questions, do not hesitate to let us know"

Hi Marko, I am unable to publish my listing on AirBNB..I get the following error..

"Please check the error on your routing rule for 'Colonel's Corner'.To activate your listing, please update the routing rule by going to Payout Preferences > Routing Rules "

Kindly advise.

The robotic chat sucks.

@Franck-and-Frederic0, @Marko17, @Hasan15, @Susan346, @Manuel359

from Airbnb Help : Finely, it's seem to be an aid for the hosts needing to have one selected payement directed on another accompt than the ordinary one   and it will not affect people with only one accompt.

will see

Chantal

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@Marko17 @Chantal-Et-Louis0 @Franck-and-Frederic0 @Hasan15 @Susan346 I only have ONE default payment set up - I have never had more than this one payment method, ever - But all bookings/reservations made from mid-March on say 'Manage Routing Rules' in my 'Pay To' column . I have confirmed with ABB that I only have one default payment (no other payment set up, no 'hacking', so to speak, or an attempt to divert funds elsewhere). My first payment with this 'Manage Routing Rules' is due tomorrow (guest checked in today). I have reported this to ABB and they feel sure I will get paid, no problem, but admitted it is strange that my 'Pay To' says 'Manage Routing Rules' when I only have one (default) payment method set up.

Would it be your guess that I will indeed get paid on this, and all these bookings that were made from mid-March on, even though my Pay To method says 'Manage Routing Rules'?

Hi, now that some time went through and I received payments, from my point of view everything works GREAT (for my needs). It is basicly the same as it was before. Each future booking can be managed by setting default payment or payment type per room category, with other words I can manually set preffered payment method for a particular booking. 
Under future bookings I also have "Manage Routing Rules" (no payment method selected) but it basicly doesnt matter. I only have to manually and regualary set up Payout Routing Rules (because of my three different payout methods). 

Regarding your payouts.. I basicly get paid soon after the guest checks in. Did you maybe set a minimum amount to be transfered to your account? If you have set a minimum 1000€ you will receive this amount after you colect above 1000€ from your bookings. 

If I understood your question correctly. You don't have to worry about the "Manage Routing Rules". After the guest will check in the payment will go to your default payout method. 🙂

Chantal-Et-Louis0
Level 10
Monteux, France

@Rebecca181

@Marko17it's also worked perfectly for me. So, a lot of worries about nothing.

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@Marko17 @Chantal-Et-Louis0 Thank you both for responding, that is indeed reassuring. Marko, no, I have nothing set up; I have no pay out rules at all. I share nothing with a co-host. So even ABB Customer Support cannot understand why all bookings made from mid-March on say 'Manage Routing Rules'. 

I will assume I will get paid today. If not, I am in dialogue still with the C/S rep who is following up on this with me so I do feel supported at this time with ABB. Nice to know that even though it says that on yours, you are being paid with no problems or issues. Glad you like how it is working, Marko!

Hello,

Does anyone have an update on this matter?

many thanks in advance,

Eduardo

Its almost the same as it was before. You just have to change more frequently the "default payout" before the guest checks in.  

The new routing rule is not allowing me to list a property on Airbnb. Several co hosts have tried helping me but there is no solution to this problem. Airbnb team needs to do something about it. Otherwise it will loose a lot of hosts to more options like Oyo rooms coming into the picture.

Col-Videsh0
Level 1
Greater Noida, India

I have completed my details but when I say list my property it says 'select pay out preference, but no page open to do it

I have to agree with the others that I am not very happy with the payout method . It would be great if it could payout a flat fee for cleaning.

For most of us I know, that is the only check we have to make after a guest checks out. So this will really help to make the airbnb system completely automated on  the side of the host.

Please flat rate payout would be life changing !

Same goes for me, I have been trying to list my property  for quite a few times and it says error in payout. Go to payout preference.

airbnb staff has been asking me to relist again n again. It’s been a big pain. 

I am facing the same issue, what do I do?