*URGENT* US Corporate Escalations Phone Number Needed

Lynn69
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

*URGENT* US Corporate Escalations Phone Number Needed

After a horrendus guest stay and receiving relentless tech errors attempting to submit to the Resolution Center I called Airbnb Support requesting an alternative method to submit. 

It took an unnecessary 2+ hours on the phone until they offered to send an email to reply with my claim. 

While aware of my ordeal in part, left without any place to stay or money to pay, very concerned with my well being, along with with the amount of time consumed in attempt to submit my claim, the supervisor extended an offer to locate an immediate place to stay and Airbnb would pay. 

As I had already paid for a hotel for the night with the last of my money's, Airbnb was to contact me by morning but never did, neither in the afternoon or evening. 

When I finally was able to call Airbnb later that evening, I received one incompetent, arrogant, and or abusive rep or supervisor after another. Each was explained the situation, yet each knowing I relied on their offer and word instead, left me stranded on the cold streets to starve with not a care what could or would happen to me. This went on for 4+ hours! 

Exhausted and emotionally distraught over the ordeal with Airbnb phone calls, now worse than the stay itself, I turned to email yet none have been answered. I also turned to Twitter receiving not only evasive responses, but had my privacy breached in their tweets. 

These are contracted call centers with no concern for liability, let alone human life. By their actions or lack their of, they wish me dead. 

This is a matter for Airbnb corporate offices, immediately,  not an irresponsible call center, and before the worse happens. 

As you see I am out of time. So how does one know how to get through to the required entities, or have the number to Airbnb US Corporate Escalations aka Office of the President, or better? 

Your help and sensitivity in this matter is appreciated. 
69 Replies 69

Rob Chesnut, General Counsel

Address: AIRBNB, 888 Brannan St., San Francisco, CA 94103

Phone Number: (415) 685-4812

Email: rob.chesnut@airbnb.com 

AIR BNB experience has been a DECEPTIVE TRADE PRACTICE>>>DON’T DO IT!

Facts:

8 young girls, just graduated, one is my daughter.  They booked a week trip to ICELAND.  While in route to Dallas Ft Worth International AirPort one girl receives an email; “The home reserved with deposit paid canceled.”  The girl callas AIR BNB and they rent another and promise “no problems”.  They fly all night to ICELAND, land and drive straight to the home at appointed time and NO ONE is there with keys. They call the owner of the rental and no answer!  What do these young women do?   They call their fathers.    I call the number listed in this post ( and thank you for posting that number) and a clerk answers and gives NO HELP.  Still trying to figure this out.  

I am a lawyer and I have four airlines as my clients and I intend to  share this experience with as many travelers as I can get these CEO’s to buy into sharing.

Fortunately for my daughter AMERICAN EXPRESS travel desk will answer their phone and she is a card holder and hopefully they can get something for her this Saturday Morning.  I saw Mr. Cheskey’s  (CEO AIR BNB) interview on CNBC financial news.  If he fails to respond it will result in someone appearing in Court.

Ooh you're a lawyer!  WOW!   

Let me guess,  you've read the T&C and aren't taking anyone to Court over this?

Perhaps now understand that when the booking was cancelled,  that meant "cancelled?"

Unlikely that you've ceased being a helicopter parent,  and make your daughter deal with life on her own as an adult?

Shane98
Level 2
California, United States

it's funny Kenneth. You may insult this dad, but I too am T50 Law grad and am in the process right now of talking to a few colleagues about putting something together.. the only differnece is I am an expert in Airbnb policies and have at least 20 encounters where they lied through their teeth until pushed to do the right thing.

These forums are a treasure trove of people just itching for a class action. Maybe we can collaborate. I am seriously tired of these idiots on the phone lying to me like I am an idiot too.

Any form of contract, T&C etc.. can always be broken on grounds of public policy if there is enough bad behavior.

I always laugh at layman like yourself. If I went into a surgical room operation and stated telling someone they didn't know what they were doing... they'd call me nuts. But if a well versed attorney gives his 2 cents.. well hey anybody is an expert now. 

Hi, Please let me know also...and count me in ... I am in LA. Thanks.

Hi, Please let me know also...and count me in ... I am in LA. Thanks.

@Shane98 wrote:

it's funny Kenneth. You may insult this dad, but I too am T50 Law grad and am in the process right now of talking to a few colleagues about putting something together.. the only differnece is I am an expert in Airbnb policies and have at least 20 encounters where they lied through their teeth until pushed to do the right thing.

These forums are a treasure trove of people just itching for a class action. Maybe we can collaborate. I am seriously tired of these idiots on the phone lying to me like I am an idiot too.

Any form of contract, T&C etc.. can always be broken on grounds of public policy if there is enough bad behavior.

I always laugh at layman like yourself. If I went into a surgical room operation and stated telling someone they didn't know what they were doing... they'd call me nuts. But if a well versed attorney gives his 2 cents.. well hey anybody is an expert now. 

Brian Chesky should ashamed for letting ant infested and health hazard rentals be posted on Airbnb.

They have clue on heath and human services peorocols.

Pamela456
Level 1
Loveland, CO

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.

I was a host for only 1 month.

Had a bad guest, and just got a hold of a sup today. 

Joseph told me I hadn't followed the correct procedures after the guest broke into my locked bed room and stole my neclace.

I was looking for help from the President as well.

Rudeesha0
Level 2
Teaneck, NJ

I'm very big on understanding the customer although customers are not always right. But when you contsantalty hear from a customer service representative that unforutanately the "computer" wont allow me to help you is when things get frustrated and if i knew airbnb was like this I would have moved onto another company who basically does the same as airbnb

Airbnb reminds you about when your last date is to write an review.  As of dec 11 which was my last day I took time out of my very busy schedule to be sure that customer see how poor the host was for my reservation.  

Airbnb than tells me its ends at a particular time which is NOT in the reminder email.

Customer service continues to tell me that the computer will not allow them to allow me to write a review and how their "supervisor" nor "manager" can help either.

I've been a happy customer of airbnb for quite a long time but business is business, I do not agree with customer service saying unfortunately they cant help just because a computer wont allow them to and also false writing customers that they have a particular day to write a review but yet it's a particular time and day and they do not include that in the reminder emails.

Unfortunately for me since I'm just a little tiny person to airbnb I know this won't matter to them especially with their billionaire ceo but atleast we can Express somehow shape or form on here. 

My last and final.time ever doing business with airbnb.  Everyone situation is different. Good luck to all.  

Hecham0
Level 1
New Jersey, United States

Hello AirBnB Management,

I am a Super Host who is facing a support problem and would like to place a complaint after trying to contact my line of support in vain several times, appreciate your support on that please (Event happened on July 23rd, by Guest RJ):

According to your Instant Booking rules, if I am not feeling comfortable with a guest for my own safety, I can ask for canceling his booking. I hada guest who used the F-Word and I called the support asking to cancel and refund him which they did before he even checks in.

Either the support or him cancelled his booking (not me) and he got refunded same day.

After two weeks, I found this guest posting a nasty and unreal review about his stay which never happened and giving one star for the place that he never visited and commented on it despite he never checked in and un-recommended me to the community as a revenge while I couldn’t even rate him and the only thing that support told me is to reply to him which I did.

This rating is unfair, not legitimate as he never checked in and is causing me to lose my Super Host status..

Support didn’t want to take out his reviews for transparency while they didn’t understand that it is not for real and the guest never even saw my place to review it!!

Pls help me taking out this fake review and fake rating being not legitimate and affecting my super host status.

Hi Hecham 1, that was my opening act...in Hosting on Airbnb.... the very first time I tried to host someone... the guest cancelled  on me... I think he had a friend....He didn't even stay here but wanted all the money back... and got me a very Bad review right from the Start... Isn't that nice...!... For transparency my review stayed there... After that worse... How to take out fake reviews? If you find out please let me know... Thanks

Donetta0
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

VETERANS ROBBED WHILE STAYING AT AN AIRBNB IN THE BAHAMAS.

Intruders. Machete. Power outage. Not exactly paradise!

For starters, nowhere on the listing does it state they are doing remodeling/ construction. Nor does the listing state that there are scheduled weekly power outages for at least 3 hours.

Upon arrival we received a set of 4 keys from Bianca and were then notified of the scheduled power outages. Although the weekly outages are “scheduled” there is no set time for it so there is no way to know when it will occur. On our FIRST NIGHT between 1-3 am I woke up to an image of a man crawling out of our room (front bedroom)! I screamed waking up my sister who was sleeping next to me and she said, “You tripping, go back to sleep.” The following morning my sister, myself, and my best friend all went to the beach around 6:40am to watch the sunrise. I asked my friend “which one of you guys were playing around in our room last night?” My friend said “ Girl nobody, we were sleep.” We went back to the house and started to get ready for our day. When it was time to head out, I could not find my wallet. I asked, “Has anyone seen my wallet?” My friend said, “It’s in the chair.” I went to go get my wallet, opened it and noticed all my money was gone. Also, there was a leaf from outside in the coin purse section. I said “I knew I wasn’t tripping last night... I saw someone in the house!” My other friend said, “I heard footsteps back here near our room.”

As we were investigating the area trying to understand where this intruder came in we found a machete outside the patio door on the furniture. Florian confirmed he left it there as he was chopping down trees prior to our arrival. This is UNACCEPTABLE! There was also a glass door located behind the curtains in the main bedroom that we initially had no idea of and later found out that it was completely unlocked. This door was unlocked from previous house guest, and we were unaware there was even a door there.

We called Florian to report the robbery. He came over and we explained what happen. He did not act concerned in any way. All he said was, “why would they not take the $20,000 worth of equipment that is outside?”

That night (day 2) we slept with barricades on both doors and everyone had knives by the bed. No one could sleep that night.

I woke and tried to call the police and no one answered the phone. Shortly afterwards (around 7am) my sister found a key on the ground right outside our house in the driveway, just in front of the patio. So they (the intruders) tried to come back again! We tried it on the doors and it worked on the patio door. We contacted Florian again and confirmed there were only 4 original keys. He confirmed there were in fact only supposed to be 4 keys that had been issued to us. We now had a mystery 5th key. He came to the house and confirmed it did work on the door. All he said was “Hmm that is weird” and placed the key on the keychain.

While the police were there taking a report, Bianca stated “I can pick the bottom lock with my sunglasses.” (several times). The police instructed her to change the locks. As of today 9/26/2019 the locks were not changed, with a new guest arriving.

THIS PLACE IS NOT SAFE! THESE PEOPLE DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY... JUST YOUR MONEY!  THEY HAVE 12 PROPERTIES!

After our return to the US we tried reaching out to the Royal Police in the Bahamas. Guess what my case and there “Role” numbers both do not  exist. However, we have video footage of them interviewing me and the Airbnb host. Since our review went live on the host’s listing. Their name has been changed from Florian and Bianca to Herman. This whole experience is weird and fells like a Setup. Airbnb is not acknowledging the robbery in any way. Please help us bring light to our story , caution people from booking Airbnb, and traveling internationally.

We have video footage!

Jim1362
Level 1
Kyle, TX

Shout loud and clear on Facebook and all so coal media should the world will know about Airbnb!!!!!

If you are American call 

If you are an American citizen with an after-hours emergency, please call our hotline at [504] 2238-5114 ext. 4100. The Duty Officer will get your call.

During business hours, please contact ACS at usahonduras@state.gov . This email inbox is continually monitored from 7:30 am until 4:00 pm Monday through Friday, except for US and Honduran holidays.

For non-emergency issues, please see our general contact information. Tell them your situation.  We have same problem in Algeria. The embassy has been helping. 

All you that are having issues with them taking your money, and want to get some resolution.  File a complaint with the BBB. Then file a complaint with the Attorney General in California.  They are an American company subject to American laws.  What they are doing is gouging during a disaste, and that is a federal crime.  These guys took my money cancelled my reservation without my permission then didn't refund my money.  I have screen shot of Jim telling me he is cancelling my reservation.  I reported them to the BBB. I reported them to the Attorney General for gouging and stealing people's money to profit during a disaster.  Which is a federal crime here, and is an international crime as well.  If you have an emergency please go online find the nearest embassy for your country in that country.  Enroll your passport number and a way to contact you. If you don't have an embassy for your country go to an allied embassy for your country. They will help you with financial assistance and travel and lodging @Lynn69