Unfortunately, we were not able to authorize your account.

Diane1
Level 1
Gulfport, Florida, United States

Unfortunately, we were not able to authorize your account.

I've been with AIR for over a year. The last few days, it won't let me sign into my account through FB... the error message in title is what keeps popping up. Help!

102 Replies 102

Same problem here

Shaikha0
Level 1
Kuwait City, Kuwait

I have this problem too. What's the solution???

Christal1
Level 2
Honolulu, HI

If your email address on Facebook does not match with the email address on your Airbnb profile, you might not be able to authorize your account with Facebook. I'm not sure, but I did get different error messages when I played around with my email. 

Mandy52
Level 2
Ellendale, Australia

Hi this post is relevant to the ongoing conversation...but I  find it so difficult to contact Airb&b. I have some guests who have booked an extra night by mistake....will leaving in the morning rather than the next one. I am happy for that extra night to be cancalled...they are unable to log into their accounts due to isolation.  I could give them cash back but am a little reluctant to do it that way. Could I be advised please?

its almost impossible to contact them. Just look at these messages over several years. No responses.

Lý1
Level 2
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Hi everyone,

I have the same problem with you guys, and luckily i find out how to fix it.

All the thing you need to do is just click on the link https://www.airbnb.com/forgot_password  to reset your password.( your email address must be match with the email you use to sign in on facebook). 

Tell me if this tip is useful and share for any who have stuck in trouble like us. 

Have a nice day!

Ly ****

Furhān0
Level 1
Islamabad, Pakistan

I use the same email addresses for both but it doesn't work. 

Woodrow1
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

I am having the same issue. But my phone app seems to work fine. Weird. 

Kristi49
Level 2
Fremont, CA

Hey everyone! I was having the same issue logging into my Airbnb account on a PC desktop, even though my iPhone app was working just fine. I had linked my account with Facebook, and had noticed that even though the error message "Unfortunately, we were not able to authorize your account" popped up, I was indeed logged in and stuck on the main page. Try clicking on "https://www.airbnb.com/users/notifications" or "https://www.airbnb.com/dashboard", as I was able to bypass the main page (which says I'm not logged in) and access my profile/trips/messages. Hope this helps! 

Tessa54
Level 1
Boulder, CO

I am as well.  I can log into my account and reply to inquiries just fine, but I am not able to ask for recommendations.  Any suggestions?

Mica7
Level 1
Miami Beach, FL

Yup me too for over a year. I gave up.. Cutomer Service has not provide me with any solutions 

Adel49
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

The same problem here right now?!

Mark2932
Level 1
Perth, Australia

Reset password at log in page and it fixed my problem straight away