Unfortunately, we were not able to authorize your account.

Diane1
Level 1
Gulfport, Florida, United States

Unfortunately, we were not able to authorize your account.

I've been with AIR for over a year. The last few days, it won't let me sign into my account through FB... the error message in title is what keeps popping up. Help!

102 Replies 102
Pavle0
Level 1
Herceg Novi, Montenegro

The same problem! Logging from Gmail...

same problem here.

i can use the mobile app, but not from the browser...

Jennie1
Level 1
Ipswich, United Kingdom

I have that problem too but it seems to be working on my mobile phone having downloaded the app.

Alex35
Level 1
Taipei, Taiwan

Same here

瑞0
Level 1
Singapore

I am also having the same problem! It seems to only work on mobile app or mobile browser. Can anybody help?

Jason9
Level 1
Chicago, IL

I've been getting this error for 3 months now. I have to do all of my account management on my phone. This is ridiculous.

Hi everybody. 

I tried for month to wait, to change between browsers and delete chache and finally I gave up and called Airbnb service center.

They gave me a code, that I could use for login and then I could change the code to a personal one. 

Facebook login to Airbnb is still troublesome but if I logon with email and password then it works every time so far.

Now the browser remember my password and it is as easy to get in as it were with Facebook originally. 

So bottom line: Call Airbnb service center, as others have suggested - and ask for a new code.

Greetings 
Frederik 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Frederik1,

Thanks so much for updating the community on this, I am really pleased to hear everything is working for you now. 🙂 

[Updated] - I hope you don't mind, but I have removed your surname - this is for safety reasons and I wouldn't recommend you including personal information in your post as this is publically visible. I hope this is fine with you. 

- It does appear that if you log out of Facebook and log back in again this has been working for others. There is the option to change your password, by clicking on 'forgot my password' if you are unsure of this. 

If this has worked for anyone else, please do let us know here.

Thank you. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Florencia0
Level 6
Buenos Aires, Argentina

I know this post is a bit old but just want to add myself to the list of people having problems to login with Facebook 😞

Ash2
Level 1
Wokingham, United Kingdom

I solved the problem for me (using Google Chrome on a PC) by doing this:

1. Logged out of AirBNB, then closed that tab

2. Logged out of Facebook

3. Logged into Facebook but left the 'keep me logged in' unticked and left that tab open

4. Opened a new tab and Logged into AirBNB via the Facebook option

Success.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great @Ash2, thanks so much for letting us all know. 

Has this worked for anyone else?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Yaniv0
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Yes.

This worked out for me.

Thanks 🙂

Debra15
Level 2
Connecticut, United States

Did anybody ever get a response from airbnb on this?  I see a ton of complaints.  I have been getting this for months when i try to login using FACEBOOK, which is the only way I have ever logged in.  Now it gives me this message.  It is impacting other things too.  Guests checked out and normally we both get an email asking us to leave a review.  That is no longer happening.  HELP!  How the heck does one get a response from airbnb???  Debi

Debbi, I continually have this issue, too, and have messaged AirbBNB.  Have you ever heard back from them?

Victoria54
Level 1
Bellingham, WA

This happened to me but it was when I was trying to redeem an air bnb credit from a friend? Am I unable to claim the credit when I am already a member? Do I really have to be a new member to get the benefit? If so that is sad 😞