Unfriendly neighbor that does not like Airbnb Idea

Mimi35
Level 2
Hurst, TX

Unfriendly neighbor that does not like Airbnb Idea

I've been an Airbnb host for about a year, it's been going well so far and recently we've added a new and larger property in the same neighborhood.

The location of the newer house is in cul-de-sac, where pretty much you will see all your surrouding neighbors. There's one neighbor in particular that seem to be declared clearly, they don't like us having an airbnb in the neighborhood. She purposely knocked at our door when we were at the house, told us that she is an attorney, and stated the whole surrounding neighborhood do not like the idea our Airbnb house.

My husband was trying to explain that we won't allow any events or any parties in our property that will disturb the neighbors, and so far we've been pretty fortunate that all of our former guests were respectful to our rules.

But of course that does not matter to her, she was still adament to her opinion.

Any tips you guys can share to deal with this type of neighbor?

Our airbnb has been going so well, we would like to keep things peacefully in between us and the neighbors.

We really appreciate any inputs, thanks so much!!

MJ

16 Replies 16

Just because it's legal doesn't make it right. My guess is that your guests are not truly your priority but your bottom line is. Lets be honest. Your neighbors really should be your priority. What has happened to this world.

Why should we let neighbors dictate how we utilize our property? I don’t understand your lack of understanding, operating legally is well within our rights and having people harass and create unnecessary drama over hypothetical situations is burdensome to the owners.