Verification frustration

Verification frustration

Ok, that was the most frustrating hour I've ever spent in front of a phone or computer. Tried to verify ID on phone, AirBnB wouldn't accept a photo of my Driver's licence. Tried three times, no luck. Tried taking ultra sharp photo with digital camera, still no luck. AirBnB constantly trying to get me to install the app, which is awful so I refuse to do so. I move to my laptop, same issue. Then website won't even let me log out without prompting me to verify my ID, but THEN the 'continue' to verify ID button just takes me back to the home page. So I go through that loop a few more times. Then I try to get into my account details to cancel my account with this horrendous, incompetent organisation and...guess what...it asks me to verify my ID.

Surely my account security is my problem? I.e it's up to me to set a secure password and protect my data, rather than AirBnB ham-fistedly making using them completely tiresome and frustrating for anyone who doesn't want to give AirBnB loads of their data for 'security' (ohhhhh, the irony). Seriously AirBnB, you are a useless symptom of the way things have gone completely wrong with the modern world.

Well done everyone.

0 Replies 0