Verifying my phone number and gift card

Cindy333
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

Verifying my phone number and gift card

Hello I’m having trouble verifying my phone number and also making a reservation I’m using a Airbnb gift card and it’s asking me for a payment method still can someone please help me I tried calling but they won’t help because I can’t verify my phone number 

1 Reply 1
Jenelyn0
Level 2
Orlando, FL

Hi Cindy,

What error are you getting when verifying your phone number, did you follow a process for verification? 

1. Log into your Airbnb account.
  2. Hover over user photo in top-right hand corner to open a drop-down menu. 
  3. Click Edit Profile.
  4. Next, to Phone Number, click Add a phone number.
  5. Use the drop-down menu to select your country, and Airbnb will automatically insert the right country code.
  6. Enter your area code and phone number.
  7. Click Verify via SMS or Verify via Call. Airbnb will send you a 4-digit code via text message (SMS) or an automated phone call. Enter your code and click Verify

As for the gift card, do you have a virtual card or a physical card? 

To redeem a virtual Airbnb gift card, just click the "Accept Gift" button in the email that was sent to you.

If you’re already logged in, the balance will automatically be applied to your account. If you don’t have an account, you’ll be prompted to create one so we can apply your gift card's balance to it.

If you have a physical card: 

To redeem your gift card, visit www.airbnb.com/gift. Click “Redeem a Gift Card,” then enter the 19 digit card number and the 13 digit PIN.

The balance of the gift card will be added to your account and will remain there until the balance reaches $0. You can use a single gift card balance for multiple reservations.

Learn more about how gift cards work in our Help Center: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/981/

Also, Before you'll be able to redeem your gift card, we need to confirm that your address and payment information are in the United States.

To do this, just go to Account Settings > Payment Methods and click “Add Payment Method.” From there, you can add a credit card and, as long as it's a US card, we'll confirm your location and apply the gift card to your account.

NOTE: 

It may take up to 24 hours after purchase for your gift card to be activated within our system, and available to apply to your Airbnb account.

If you already have a place in mind, you can ask the host to pre-approve you, so that you’ll be able to book as soon as your gift card is available to use.