Very first guest left 4 hours after arrival claiming an allergy.

April20
Level 2
Denver, CO

Very first guest left 4 hours after arrival claiming an allergy.

My first guest arrived on Wednesday evening. About 4 hours later she was leaving out the back door claiming she was allergic to something and wanted a refund. She still hasn't cancelled her 4 night reservation, accepted the alteration to one night, nor has she responded to AIRBNB. Obviously, I am not able to book these past 3 nights. My policy is flexible. Will she get a full refund when she finally cancels the reservation or accepts the alteration for just one night?
3 Replies 3
Linda0
Level 10
Spring, TX

Hello April --

Sorry to hear about your guest wanting to cancel reservation.  Unless she accepts or you cancel the alteration of the calendar, she will be charged for the reservation in full since she is not communicating with Airbnb CX.  As long as the alteration is available to her, she can accept to change to the one night charge you offered.  Hopefully, you will have other guests soon to take away this bad memory. 

Happy Hosting,

Linda J

How can I cancel the alteration I did on Wednesday? I was willing to do that and hoping to free up my calendar for the weekend. It's been over 48 hours and she has not done anything. Yeaterday AIRBNB sent her an email and she still hasn't responded. She mentioned a cat allergy but my listing is very clear and includes pictures of the cats.

If you go back to your message to her and open it, I believe it will give you the option to cancel the alteration.  Please be careful, DO NOT cancel the reservation itself because you will be severly penalized if you do.  Unfortunately, there are many app versions you may not have that option to cancel the alteration.  Again, it is in your message thread with the guest.