Viewing individual ratings

Matt2
Level 1
New York, NY

Viewing individual ratings

We recently had our first experience with a guest who had no respect for our apartment. He left food out all over the place, made no attempt to put trash or recycling in the receptacles despite my specific guidelines for their disposal, left a mess of chip crumbs all over the carpet... just a general mistreatment of our home. Surely expecting a harsh review, I believe he purposely underrated our apartment in several categories as a way of retribution (our value rating went down, despite the fact that he and his three friends booked our place for just $109—our previous guests all gave five stars, even at rates up to $275 per night). 

Is there any way of seeing the ratings that individual guests have given? Or any means of disputing them? Our accuracy score also went down after his review, something that had been a consistent five stars from every other guest. 

5 Replies 5
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

As far as I know there is not anyway you can see the exact ratings from each guest, only the indication the stars and comments give you.  Seems you have a fair idea about these last guests anyway ?

Some guests are just clueless and inconderate - thankfully they are few and far between.  The best you can do is giving them a honest review and a thumbs down.  

Normally the worst and messy guests leave bad reviews and bad ratings. If you say they were messy this is a clear indicator that they should have stayed in a hotel where a cleaning lady goes everyday to clean their mess. They might don't find theirselves comfortable dealing with their dirty stuff and food everywhere. I guess your guests is Rich (Am I right?) that puts OK in his review and I find myself on your same situation recalling two girls that stayed at my place for 2 nights and leave everything mess up and damaged a few things. Her review was also as cold as the one you got but I understand why they do it. Messy guests are on the fear that if they have left the place a disaster you will not put them a good review so for instance they shouldn't put you one too and if they are allowed they will get their revenge giving a low rating annonymously (for the review they think you will leave to them). I would like to believe that the world is filled of honest people but unfortunately it is not.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

People see through a 'spiteful' review - particularly if you are honest in your review and respond fairly. Don;t worry about it although it makes you feel a bit down about hosting. The important think is other hosts knowing what sort of guests they were.

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

@Matt2, note all your stars as they are today on a sheet of paper or in an Excel list. After every guest, you can compare the numbers of 5 stars, 4 stars etc and note them wih the name of the guest. That's useful if they return.

But it may cause depression from time to time. 

For your last guest, you see beside every category a phrase like: Concratulations, your last 4 ratings in Cleanliness were 5 stars.

Or your last rating was 5 stars.

In both cases you got 5 from them. If there is mentioned: You got 5 stars x% of the time, that means you got them before but not this time.

As said by others, the messy types usually note you down. I came to suspect that all guests rate themselves.  Or they rate the state of the place at departure as they have forgotten how it was at arrival, what also means they rate themselves. 

Joseph0
Level 5
San Francisco, CA

@Matt2

I looked at the review you are speaking about and the Profile of that guest . 

It looks as if that guest does not have all the valid Airbnb Verifications . Can you confirm this ?

As a guest with no Confirmed ID's ( Passport,Driver's Lic ) Why did you let him even stay at your place if this was the case ?

He can Delete his profile now and simply create another one and theres no real impact to him . If you don't already, I would suggest that you only accept reservations from guests that have fully verified ID's and have at least one positive host review . 

Airbnb is supposedly making all guests have a fully verified Profile with face pics in the profile before they can even request a reservation , so until thats fully rolled out , ask all potential guests to have full profiles, including a brief Bio and Verified ID's . It only takes a guest a few minutes to do this and any guest that refuses you Don't want as a guest in your home . 

Hope this helps 

Joseph