Warning About Airbnb property Manager - Andchill Property Management

Arto0
Level 2
Brisbane City, Australia

Warning About Airbnb property Manager - Andchill Property Management

Hi fellow hosts (or aspiring hosts)

I engaged a company called Andchill Property Management to turn my apartment into an airbnb property.

I can not say one good thing about my experience with Andchill airbnb property management. They promised the world and delivered nothing of what they said they would do. I recommend you avoid this company at all costs!

They say that they will manage the property professionally, ensuring that you can just chill while they do all the hard work. The reality is something different.

First up I paid $8,000 for them to furnish my apartment. I was really underwhelmed with their furnishing job. There was only one bedside table and lamp in each bedroom, and no art work on lounge room walls. They put in the cheapest Smart TV that I wasn't able to connect to Netflix. The TV did not even have a cord to enable it to connect to the aerial. I had to purchase that myself. I complained about there not being bedside tables and lamps beside the beds and they said sorry too bad, budget was spent. I just thought it was not good enough and I said i was happy to buy the extra tables and lamps myself. Then they lie to me and say that they got it from a direct importer but if I go to Freedom I could find similar. I then happen to stumble onto the bedside tables at Kmart for $19 a piece, and the lamps $12 each. I found all the other cheap furnishings at Kmart also.

They promised also to screen for the best guests. They do not screen at all. They let in anyone. I had so many complaints from the other residents in the apartment block on the standard of guests they were allowing in - causing havoc, parties all night, etc.

They promised professional cleaners that would make everything spick and span. What a joke. One third of the reviews for my property complained about the cleaning saying it was disgusting. There were so many bad reviews airbnb pulled the listing.

Then I just had enough of andchill and decide to cancel my contract. They empty out all the furniture and appliances I paid for and then left the place a complete mess. I had installed new carpet which was completely trashed. There were also items of mine removed from the apartment - a hall runner mat and a glass feature in the ensuite had been removed. The wall of the second bedroom was damaged with shelving they had put in and then taken out - and no attempt to repair the wall.

And to top it off they lost 2 full sets of keys! I never got the keys back from them. The keys are restricted keys that cost $165 a set to replace. After 3 and a half months of complaining I still do not have the keys back and they are refusing to compensate me for the damage to the carpet and the bedroom wall. 

I recommend everyone stay well clear of this company. They made my attempt at turning my apartment into an airbnb a very stressful affair and a complete nightmare.
100 Replies 100

Hi All

I have a similar experience with you all here. my property is have long term stay tennat since feb 2018, I still have not received my landlord payout for the past three months while my tenants confirmed they have paid the rent monthly to and chill. And i have never received the correct amount of my rental payout.

My property at Brisbane is poorly managed by and chill, and I did all the management work by myself, andchill is not doing anything and not respond for any of my email requests. there is no phone number i can conatct to.

My tennats also want to get rid of andchill, but my contract with andchill is due on Feb 2020. Is there anyway I can terminate with andchill without pay any breach contract fee? 

please let me know your opinion, many thanks;

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons–in line with the Community Center Guidelines - to use the Direct Messaging function here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo and click 'Send Message']

Tal31
Level 2
Artarmon, Australia

We are taking legal action as a group, call me for more details on 0410170494

Drew124
Level 2
Brisbane, Australia

Hi Tal,

I am in Brisbane with and chill as well. I have experienced the same situation as most of the people on here. I have lodged a complaint to fair trading but I would like to know what is happening to this group. Can you please email me on drewsomething01 AT gmail.com

Shawgi0
Level 1
Adelaide, Australia

Good to know all this information . Is there anyone with any positive experience at all ?

Arto2
Level 2
Brisbane, Australia

I don't think so!! Any positive reviews on Google and elsewhere are obviously fake. 

Selina49
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

This issue should be report to a current affairs Tv program. Or 60 mins to let people know How dodge this company are. 

Hi Selina, we should make it happen. Can we connect? We have a group of victims here please email me at fengweiedu at gmail. Thanks!

Good idea!!! The thought has crossed my mind too! 

I sent a story submission to A Current Affair, would love to see Callum humiliated on tv!

Dear All, we should get united and  get them punished for justice!

https://m.facebook.com/pg/Take-down-And-Chill-for-justice-2483858361647292/posts/?ref=page_internal&...

i just created a Facebook page Take down And Chill for justice  and can all victims of And Chill connect me on Facebook and form a united group to get back justice?

Thanks,

Feng

Arto2
Level 2
Brisbane, Australia

Thanks Feng... Have followed your Facebook group... Good to all stand against this evil company that has promised so much but broken all their promises and are causing so much stress and loss of income/investment to do many people due to their actions or more to the point negligence and lack of action. 

I don't use FB but I strongly support your initiative.  

Hi Feng,

Have you done anything regarding this andchill? I just received statement after a lot of emails and calls our statement with the confirmation that andchill cant pay what they owned and don’t have eta when it will be paid. They blaim airbnb but not paying them. Did you have sucees to put claim against them and win?

Unfortunately, I do not have an eta for the disbursement of the payout, the delays maybe due to the booking payment has not been received and or hit our account. 

Lisa1776
Level 2
Toowong, Australia

I have had the worst experience with them. What an incompetent business. We’re still owed a fair amount of money for missing and damaged items. I would love to get in touch with any of you. I’m taking them to QCAT too! Would you recommend contacting office of fair trading first?