Warning About Airbnb property Manager - Andchill Property Management

Arto0
Level 2
Brisbane City, Australia

Warning About Airbnb property Manager - Andchill Property Management

Hi fellow hosts (or aspiring hosts)

I engaged a company called Andchill Property Management to turn my apartment into an airbnb property.

I can not say one good thing about my experience with Andchill airbnb property management. They promised the world and delivered nothing of what they said they would do. I recommend you avoid this company at all costs!

They say that they will manage the property professionally, ensuring that you can just chill while they do all the hard work. The reality is something different.

First up I paid $8,000 for them to furnish my apartment. I was really underwhelmed with their furnishing job. There was only one bedside table and lamp in each bedroom, and no art work on lounge room walls. They put in the cheapest Smart TV that I wasn't able to connect to Netflix. The TV did not even have a cord to enable it to connect to the aerial. I had to purchase that myself. I complained about there not being bedside tables and lamps beside the beds and they said sorry too bad, budget was spent. I just thought it was not good enough and I said i was happy to buy the extra tables and lamps myself. Then they lie to me and say that they got it from a direct importer but if I go to Freedom I could find similar. I then happen to stumble onto the bedside tables at Kmart for $19 a piece, and the lamps $12 each. I found all the other cheap furnishings at Kmart also.

They promised also to screen for the best guests. They do not screen at all. They let in anyone. I had so many complaints from the other residents in the apartment block on the standard of guests they were allowing in - causing havoc, parties all night, etc.

They promised professional cleaners that would make everything spick and span. What a joke. One third of the reviews for my property complained about the cleaning saying it was disgusting. There were so many bad reviews airbnb pulled the listing.

Then I just had enough of andchill and decide to cancel my contract. They empty out all the furniture and appliances I paid for and then left the place a complete mess. I had installed new carpet which was completely trashed. There were also items of mine removed from the apartment - a hall runner mat and a glass feature in the ensuite had been removed. The wall of the second bedroom was damaged with shelving they had put in and then taken out - and no attempt to repair the wall.

And to top it off they lost 2 full sets of keys! I never got the keys back from them. The keys are restricted keys that cost $165 a set to replace. After 3 and a half months of complaining I still do not have the keys back and they are refusing to compensate me for the damage to the carpet and the bedroom wall. 

I recommend everyone stay well clear of this company. They made my attempt at turning my apartment into an airbnb a very stressful affair and a complete nightmare.
100 Replies 100
Andy492
Level 2
New South Wales, Australia

Hi Feng,

I am having similar issues with AndChill and would like them to be shut down for their most doggy business practice.

Just wondering if I could join force for a class action

thanks,

Andy

Tal31
Level 2
Artarmon, Australia

We are taking legal action against them as a group. Call me for more details.

*sensitive information hidden*

Adam744
Level 1
Adelaide, Australia

can you plz call me tal31 i need some serious advice i"m in the same situation as you guys 

adam *sensitive information hidden*

Qiting0
Level 1
West Pymble, Australia

Hi Terry

My property is also located in Brisbane city and has suffered under Andchill since 2017. I have lodged a complaint to Fair trading QLD but doesnt need to yield any result. Have you taken any legal action against the company? Let's keep in touch and we can share info on legal options.

Evonne.

Kathy399
Level 2
New Zealand

Hi Arto, I have a management company handling my house on the Gold Coast. Need to get rid of them but unsure of what I need to do. Anyone out there able to help. I did not sign any contract with them as we have a brilliant couple managing our property, but they have gone overseas, and suggested this new crowd, who we changed over to, nothing but trouble, the cleans are a 1 Star, linen awful, to many problems to list. Do I contact Airbnb, or what any help much appreciated.

Hi Kathy

If you haven’t signed a contract with this management then there is no legally binding writtten agreement. They could however argue that you engaged them verbally and a verbal agreement can legally constitute a binding  agreement, this has been shown many times in law. Given you have had them provide services under the apparently verbal agreement you have, they can try and take action for breach of contract if you attempt to terminate them and they feel they are hard done by. 

Do do you have any evidence, preferably in writing, as to what was agreed upon. If you want out of this agreement I would be writing a letter terminating any services that they offer and ensuring that this is sent registered mail so you have confirmation it was received by them as they will need to sign for it. It might seem over the top to take this approach but legally you need to protect your interests if they want to play hardball. 

Arto0
Level 2
Brisbane City, Australia

Hi Kathy 

If you haven't signed a contract just tell them to go away. Organise your own cleaner. I wish I had done that. I don't think airbnb can help as it is nothing to do with them - they just allow you to advertise the property on their platform but it is your property just take control and tell this company you don't want them involved anymore. I had a contact with And chill and I just told them I had had enough but I am still trying to pick up the pieces three and a half months later... Get out now before more damage is done by the company you are now with. 

Deborah542
Level 2
Bondi Beach, Australia

Hi Arlo I've had a shocking time with these agents in Sydney. I think there is more we can do. They have cost me a lot of money and I suspect they have not paid amounts that were due to me. Is there a way I can give you my contact details off this site. There are many people on here and google with similar issues with this company. Others I know are reputable. They are not all like this. It might be helpful if we all lodged complaints to ENCAT and Department of Fair Trade at the same time.

Deborah

Sorry I meant Arto not Arlo : )

Arto0
Level 2
Brisbane City, Australia

Hi Deborah 

Happy to chat further with you. You can email me

**[E-mail address hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Hi Deborah,

I really want legal action with others for compensating our physical and mental damage from Andchill.

How can we get way to fight with andchill?

My phone number is ****

Thank you

Jae

*[Personal information hidden due to safety reasons - in line with the  Community Center Guidelines. To send a direct message here, hover over the post profile photo and click 'Send Message']

Hi Arto,

My experience with them is a nightmare too!!!!! My property has been managed by them for over a month and there is ZERO booking!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm having trouble getting onto the managers! 

I'm going to lodge a complaint with Ombudsman office to get compensation (https://www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au/lodge-your-complaint). I suggest you do the same. They can't just get away like this! My property is in Brisbane city too, hopefully the fair trading office would lodge a class action against them. I'm sure not just the 2 of us have suffered so far. 

Regards,

Isabella

Sorry guys, after posting this comments, andchill emailed me and showed me the bookings of my apartment so far. They had issues with their platform, not being able to see the bookings, but the income so far has been quite good. The new manager of my unit is Bianca, she's very helpful and understanding. Rachael the marketing manager is very good too.

Hopefully the good relationship will continue and will keep you updated!

Cheers,

Isabella

Be careful. They did that to me too. Now down the track I have no idea how much they have ripped me off for and I'm about to go to a lawyer. I also had periods where the rental was good but that's how they work. Make sure you demand access to the trust account otherwise you don't know how much money they are skimming. They have completely ignored my lawyers emails and refused to give access to the trust account. When I finally gave notice they cancelled all my bookings so I had no income and couldn't make the loan repayments. They are totally untrustworthy. Check out google review as well. The only good reviews on there are set up from staff members.

Hi Deborah,

You're so right!!!!!! They only did that to calm you down for a minute. They still run the company with no minimal ethics!!!! 

I've lodged a complaint through fair trading. I urge everyone had the same experience to do the same.This is the only way Ombudsman will lodge a class action against this company!