Weekly & Discounted Pricing NOT WORKING!!

Weekly & Discounted Pricing NOT WORKING!!

I have a lot of trouble with their discounts/weekly pricing - both being able to set it to what I want to charge and also it doesn't calculate properly when I DO manage to set it.

I had a special weekly rate and when I tested it - the system returned the same rate for a booking fee with 7,8,9,10 and 11 nights - it should go up, not stay the same!! At 12 nights - it jumps by the full week rate...and again at 19...

Not only does the price go DOWN after 6 nights but then they are giving away a full week for free...It should divide the weekly rate and add each day booked...

I removed the special weekly rate and set it with the % discount - and it does the same.

Then I removed that and it STILL applies a weekly discount.

It must be broken! It makes no sense at all!

PLEASE HELP! I am thinking of ditching airbnb and sticking with Homeaway...

Does anyone know how to fix it or how to report it to airbnb?

Thanks

Lisa

9 Replies 9

Also - the number that they show as the discounted rate in the Pricing Settings does NOT match what is presented to the Guest...

I'm totally confused!

Nites - price

2 - 459

3 - 648

4 - 837

5 - 1025

6 - 1215

7 until 11 - 1100

12 - 2121

13 until 18 - 2291

19 - 3321

20 until 25 - 3482

26 - 4503

27 - 4673

28 - 3815

29 - 3949

30 - 4082

Now I just had an enquiry from someone and airbnb offered them €28 per night insteat of @€225!!!  That is insane!

Also - they have changed all the prices for Monday to my base rate - but I'd set special rates for all of them already. 

Lastly - I had blocked dates and they mysteriously were made available!!

Is anyone else having this problem?

What is happening??

Hi there,

I have just experienced exactly the same thing, and I only realised when someone tried to book my cottage at 27 per night- the pricing table is set at 95 per night.

I do not have weekly pricing switched on, nor smart pricing, just the nightly rate.

I sent them a message and have expressed that urgency is required as I have now snoozed my listing.

Please let us all know when you receive an update, and I will do the same. Thanks!

My dear, I also have this problem. This year only first 2 reservations were ok calculated. After that, with no reason (I didn't change anything in price settings) they started with this 'funny' calculations. Everything is ok with the prices until I enter a period of seven days. When I do that it calculates 0€, 1€, 18€ although my nigtly price is 55€. It drives me crazy, I made a 1000 combinations in price sett. to correct this but it didn't help. Airbnb also didn't give me the answer.
At the end in 'availability sett.' I set max. stay on 6 days and know I didn't solve the problem with this but better anything than nothing. I've also listed my property on another site.

Hi Mirela - thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one!

I decided to snooze my listing for the moment.

I found a CS number and explained the issues -  they are looking into it - awaiting a reply.

Will let you know what they say...

Hi All, there is a glitch in AIRBNB system, I have called their help line, the lady I talked to was veru friendly, but could not help me. All above prboblems are similar I experience. Airbnb knows about it and try to fix it. Not sure how long it will take, I will chase them after a week.

Jana 

We are having this issue now as well. The discount is not calculating correctly on weekly and monthly basis.

We prefer longer period rentals, but the pricing gets adjusted to somehow disincentivise hosts from accepting bookings longer than 1 week.   

I see these posts are old, did AirBnB ever resolve the issue?

Thanks,

M&E

Wow, seems like this bug has been around for quite some time. I write this in Dec. 2018.

My daily price is $59 per night = $413 for seven nights. 

I then create a 9% discount for a week's stay 

413 x .91 = 375.83

The site is calculating something like $335!!

Sad to see that there doesn't seem to be any Airbnb staff helping out on this thread!!

😞