What I learned this weekend as a guest.

Annette76
Level 10
Cherry Log, GA

What I learned this weekend as a guest.

This past weekend, I, along with my entire family, had the pleasure of staying at a Historic BnB about 2 hours from home. We went to attend our nephew's wedding which was on site at the property. As I am still in the process of renovating my own place that will be a rental, I spent a lot of time making mental notes about the experience from the point of view of a guest. 

The place we stayed in is on the Historical Registry so some things are not able to be updated or changed in this particular inn. 

Sorry, this may be a lenghty post. I may have to divide it in two.

So our room was actually a mini suite of sorts, the front room had twin daybeds, this room led to the bathroom which had a wardrobe for hanging clothes, and this led to the bedroom with a kingbed and dresser.  My husband and I stayed in the room with the king and my daughter and her boyfriend stayed the front room. Let me say, 4 people trying to all get ready for 3 events (rehearsal dinner, the wedding/reception and a going away brunch) is a tough test of any space!

First the list of things that were very much appreciated. 

1. Multiple luggage racks, as there was limited storage we had to live out of our suitcases. The dresser was obviously an antique, as such the drawers were wonky and annoying so we didn't bother to unpack. I don't mind living out of a suitcase for a few days, so loved the multiple luggage racks. 

2. The linens were high quality and the beds were very comfy.

3. They made sure to provide enough towels for 4 adults, so that was a bonus.

4. Even though there was a restaurant on site, they didn't start serving breakfast until 8:30am, so they provided an in-room coffee set up, big bonus!

5. Lots of sturdy hooks throughout which was helpful when sorting through clothing or using the shower.

6. We actually used the robes provided by the inn. A robe is a very useful thing to have, but such a bulky thing to pack.

7. Overall the room was spotless and just felt clean and fresh. The entire property was meticulously maintained.

Part two in next post-

17 Replies 17
Susie5
Level 10
Boston, MA

@Annette76, I found your comments quite helpful! Thanks for taking the time to write them down.  

Lia63
Level 3
Hanover, MA

Thanks @Annette141

Austin100
Level 1
Lancaster, PA

I definitely agree about the luggage racks. I bought a few for when guests/friends/family stay over, and it's a nice thing to have in the rooms for convenience. Especially if you have older guests, you don't want them bending down a lot. I found really good prices on this site and they are good quality

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/2801/folding-luggage-racks-and-hotel-luggage-racks.html