Why would AirBnB give one host's money to another (co-host)?

Jay18
Level 5
Borgarnes, Iceland

Why would AirBnB give one host's money to another (co-host)?

Hi all - I am helping a new host in my area, and we are having troubles with AirBnB's Payout Routing Rules. Initially, it was set up to be the cleaning fee to me, and then 50-50 for the balance. His payout method was to a bank account, and mine was to PayPal. We thought that was working, but nothing was being paid to his account. After trying various splits and seeing no difference, we set the Payout Routing Rule to be 100% to his account.

The next payout went 100% to MY bank account, which has never been provided for his account, only my PayPal account was provided in this co-host arrangement. Upon closer examination, it appears that AirBnB is doing something labelled 'Co-hosting Adjustment' on his account, and paying that money to me. AirBnB has no idea why that would be happening, they only say it must be something to do with his payout settings.

When checked, they see that it is set to be 100% (I have screenshots) paid to his bank account, and that my bank account was never linked to his account, only my PayPal email address. Has anyone ever heard of this happening before? Talk about a 100% screwed up situation. AirBnB giving one host's money to another; how much worse could it get?

0 Replies 0