Worry about a bad review

Rosalia26
Level 1
United States

Worry about a bad review

Hi , I am just starting with Airbnb

and I am needing some advice , I appreciate any help with this issue I am dealing with 

I have a guest who is upset because at her arrival the big swimming pool in the building was under remodeling ( It was supposed to be ready by her arrival , the Administration  notifyed  the owners about the delate that very same day )and the other swimming pool  available in the building has a cost of $25.00 per day per guest

when she told me about it , I offered  her refunded all her money and I immidiatly called Airbnb to find other place for her  that meets her needs

when Airbnb agent called her , she told him  that she will try to find some place by herself and she will call them in case she needs their help.

I was very sorry about the inconvenience and I apologized many times and also offered  to pay for the private swimming pool available (for  all of them and   all the days they wanted to go )

she never answered to any of my texts or called Airbnb back 

After checking out, she is asking me to refund  her $50.00 per day,  for all the days of her  stay

she claims that she waisted time looking for other swimming pools in the area and also that the one I offered to pay was not good enough (but I only have pictures of that one In my listing)

I am wondering what can I do now because I gave her 2 huge discounts at the time of her booking and I am going to loss money if I please her demand 

she also lost the key and the spa card and that is going to cost me money to replace them (it  is in the house rules )

Not mention all the other damages in the apt made for them .

could any of you tell me what to do ?

I am worry about her review. She is just my guest number 4.

thanks a lot

Lia

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Rosalia26  So the guest stayed at your place for free while she is looking for another place to stay?  How long?  You will get a negative review because that is what happens when guests can't have what they want and even more if they see an opportunity to "blackmail" you with a bad review.   Please be sure to document in Air BNB messaging everything that is at issue and what you have done to satisfy the guest.  Do not use text!  Use Air BNB messaging.  

Doesn't sound like you need to do anything else to satisfy this guest and you should have Air BNB cancel her stay as soon as possible.  When you get a negative review, and you have proof that she was trying to get more money from you in exchange for a good review, Air BNB will be able to remove the review.

Things happen out of our control all the time in this business.  Your responsibility is to keep the guest updated as soon as you can.  You did that, then you tried to get help finding another listing, and you gave a refund.  Not sure what else you could do.  

Thanks a lot !

I certainly will follow your advice . I appreciate your help so very much !

Well, some guests can be extremely difficult. She should have accepted your offer to pay for the pool. Write a detailed email to Airbnb or better still , call their helpline and speak to a supervisor for guidance. Much as we wish to have decent people over , one in a while a troll walks in . Good luck .