Would you be uncomfortable with this IB reservation?

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

Would you be uncomfortable with this IB reservation?

I received an IB reservation from a guest yesterday. She has a total of 2 trips on ABB and the review for the first one is this:

Response from XXXXXX:

we did not see any house rules posted on the wall. I wish you had mentioned them when we met you. No one saw them and we were unaware of their existence. Had we known there were certain rules I am sure we would have spent more time cleaning up after we left.

The second review is in Spanish and seems fine.

The first host unfortunately did not Thumbs Down this guest, so now I have ABB CS trying to tell me that her reviews are fine and I should host her.

What do you think?

17 Replies 17

@Robb6  heh, dark towels...  makeup stains are less visible, true... but then you get bleached stains from anti-acne cream. Forget it... white is the only option. Been there , done that..

@Kelly149

If it were me, since they didn't do any lasting damage, I'd probably get rid of all towels, use an older set of sheets and put out a large noticable trash can with extra trash bags. Then, I'd do a very detailed check-in tour, go thru all the rules and also do a check-out sweep.

On the surface of things, she doesn't seem like a bad person, but........ based on my recent experience, I know there are cunning, maniplulative, passive-agressive people who are really good actors and seem to be completely nice and normal but are someone's worst nightmare when it's up close and personal, so you are smart to be wary.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I have never looked at prior reviews so would never have known.

David