account problems

Jenny142
Level 1
Lower Austria, Austria

account problems

Hi,
I am writing concerning following request.

Because of the fact that my journey starts on Monday I logged in into my AirBnB account and saw that my email address was changed as well as some apartments were offered via my account.

I changed it back to my original settings, deleted the appartements, confirmed my email address, changed my password, but I still have the problem that I can not get in touch with my hosts in New York.

When I try to write a message I receive following information:
"temporarily unavailable until they complete our account verification process. This is a standard procedure that helps us maintain a positive experience within the Airbnb community."

I really need to contact them as soon as possible because we didn’t receive any information concerning our arrival in two days.

I would really appreciate your fast help concerning my request.

Thanks in advance,
Jenny
2 Replies 2
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

You would need to call AirBnB.

I am just wondering if you ever made a legitimate booking at all, depends when your account was hacked.

Did you do a regular booking through the site or something else?

David
Jenny142
Level 1
Lower Austria, Austria

Hi David,

thanks for your fast reply. I will try to get in touch with AirBnB.

I did a regular booking two months ago and I received a confirmation for that from AirBnB. I also wrote with my hosts.

But when I logged in today I saw that some of my settings were changed and my login history showed me that someone logged in from Gibraltar and the United States a few days ago.

Thanks again for your help,

Jenny