additional charges

Joanna-And-Mark0
Level 2
Castle Hill, Australia

additional charges

Hi We have a vacational rental that caters for large groups 8+

We have recently joined AirBnB and are hoping that within the community someone will be able assit us with the following.

Linen is offered as an optional item and is based on the number of beds being used during the booking. On many occasions the house is booked but numbers may vary - we are ok with this as we charge for the property not the person and up to a mx number.

What we are trying to find out is, how do we arrange payment for the confirmed linen requirements once the booking has been made??

Is there a process for an additional charge etc post the booking being made.

Previously we managed this as a direct charge outside the booking - ie an internet banking payment.

Help required here. 

2 Replies 2
Alissa5
Level 2
United States

It seems like the easiest way to take care of that charge (if you want to do it through Airbnb versus a separate banking system) would be to simply use Airbnb's system of charging per person beyond X number of people. It really seems like the same thing; I can't tell why it would matter what you charge for, only that in fact you do need an extra payment to cover the expenses for a large number of linens/people. I forget which tab that's in (maybe the 'booking' tab), but it's very easy to set up. I would make it very clear all over your listing and initial emails that you only provide the number of linens for the number of people registered as guests.

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Joanna-And-Mark0,

You can advertise extra services on your listing by describing them in your listing description and your house rules.  If guests would like these services, you can make a special offer at the time of booking with the additional services added on.  

Alternatively, if the guest checks in and they would like any of these services, you can put the payment through using the resolution center at https://www.airbnb.com/resolution_center and choose "Request payment for extra services".  If you charge for these services this way, you and the guest are not charged Airbnb fees and the guest can have it paid using their payment method.

I hope this helps!

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host