advice on guest request please

Benj0
Level 1
Canberra, Australia

advice on guest request please

Hi - I received this request, what is the bnest way to handle it please and can I cancel mid stay. I am thinking of asking him to book the whole 14 nights and saying he can cancel anytime after 3 nights for the cost of a night cancellation fee - will I then be able to amend the reservation so AIRBNB refunds him the rest? ps he seems to ahve positive reviews. thanks

Guest message:

"Hi. I’m working as a doc in a med Centre. Sometimes these arrangements fail when their expectations are at odds with mine. In short, I anticipate 2 weeks but there could be a falling out with my employer that may necessitate me leaving after, say, 3 days. Is that something you can live with? Regards Franz"

3 Replies 3
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Benj0 Wouldn't it be easier for him to book 3 days and then extend the stay? As I understood, you would like to give him a full refund. Since Airbnb is never clear with their financial operations (from the posts here in the forum - you  may read as well), the option suggested might be more practical.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Thanks Marzena - yes, I could do that and then he takes the risk that someone else books the other days if he doesn't want to book the whole lot in advance....difficult

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Benj0

You could alter your cancelation policy to flexible for this one booking of 14 nights, he can then cancel anytime during his stay and will be refunded minus 1 night if he leaves early. I think thats a reasonable offer.