airbnb will not accept our payment?

Answered!
Trish6
Level 3
Victoria, Canada

airbnb will not accept our payment?

Hi, can someone advise -

We have been trying to complete a reservation for a stay at an airbnb place.  The host is accepting it. 

Our Mastercard has lots of room.  The rep at the CC company confirms it is good to go, but airbnb is blocking the payment. 

I sent a request for help to the help centre and they do not know why and only suggested that we use Paypal.  We have paypal and have it ready to go but it does not come up as an option to pay.  We are in Canada.

How the heck do we pay?

1 Best Answer
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Please note that this content has been archived.

For any issues with your reservation related to payments, we recommend contacting our support team for further assistance. See our Get Help or Contact Airbnb article.

You can still access this topic if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

View Best Answer in original post

138 Replies 138
JoseCarlos24
Level 2
Boston, MA

I have same issue with Mastercad((( 

Yeah same issue here with Mastercard, had problem since June/July after a host was trying to get payment to send a bag that i forgot in his place. But since then i just had problems paying for new stuff, old trips that were booked in advanced, with the same card, had no problem getting deducted money from when it was due time. Just so annoying and customer service was just saying this is the banks problem and i need 3d verification for it to work, well if that **bleep** 3d verification had appeared it would be no problem. 

Also when i try paypal i just get "a customer service guy will contact you shortly" here i am 3 days later, no response, i even responded on an old support ticket mail about it from 1-2 months ago. 

Chee3
Level 2
Milpitas, CA

Exact same thing is happening to me!!! It's taking up so much time to go through this frustrating process. Chase says they are not declining the card, they are not seeing anything sent to them by airbnb, but airbnb insisted there's nothing wrong and there's nothing they can do except for me using a different payment method.

I'm extremely disappointed in Airbnb right now as this is not the right way or attitude to deal with this situation

Brian654
Level 3
Orlando, FL

So...what do we do?  I was hoping I would get to the end of this thread and find that someone discovered some sort of solution. 😞

Wanna hear something funny?  I spent a couple of hours on the phone with customer service/tech support, and the final advice she gave me was "Just keep trying. I remember having some other customers with the same thing. It eventually works!"  Haha, well, I am still getting the "bank couldn't confirm this card" message.

Hi Brian. From what I’ve seen up to this point there is zero we can do until Airbnb finally admit they have a problem and get out of their own way. My personal solution is to start taking and making bookings with VRBO and possibly move all my business over to them and/or HomeAway. It’s a frustrating process but it might be for the better in the long run. 

Ha. 2022 and it's still happening. They do have a new app though! Pristine.

That's exactly what I've been told by her. It must have been the same support agent.

How funny!

Tristan77
Level 2
Liberty Lake, WA

Did anyone's card somehow "magically" work again? I have been using the same credit card (Chase Sapphire) to make all my bookings on Airbnb for years and they had worked perfectly fine up until today when it prompted some sort of extra security verification. When the verification failed and I tried running it again I kept getting the error message "Your bank couldn't confirm this card". I called Chase four times today and talked to three different CS rep from Airbnb. Chase = It's Airbnb's problem, Airbnb = It's Chase's problem. None of them offered any solutions or knew what's going on. Tried using Google Pay and PayPal but they don't work either!

My only work around on this issue is to just open a new Airbnb account under a different e-mail and add the same card as payment method. Somehow I was able to get it worked again. Pretty sure it is Airbnb's issues. There's no reason why the same card will work on one account but not the other. And seriously, don't even bother to contact the customer service. 

Shao-Ying0
Level 1
Nara Prefecture, Japan

I couldn't use my card either. Airbnb just cant solve the problem. It is really frustrating. 😞

@Shao-Ying0  Have you clean your cookies and cache? Is this an American Express card? If so they are not looking for the 3 digit code on the back, but the 4 digits on the front. If your zip code is 4 digits enter a 0 (zero) at the begining. If it's the phone app install the lastest version. Also your cards billing zipcode must match the one on your AirBnB profile. These things seem to help some people, but unfortunately not all. 

I tried with my VISA, Chase and JCB. None of them work. I tried with my safari, app and chrome. It’s the same. Apparently Airbnb is always having this issue and never been solved. I have contacted customer service etc and nothing help. So disappointed with them.

@Shao3  Have you phyiscally called them not messaged them? If not call.

For Malaysia :

Toll free : 1 800 889 814

Local Number : 03-7724 0164

i think have a solution which is to add your IC identification before adding the CC

I've spent 3 days trying to book a place in my own town so my family can visit at the wk end but ive tried both of my credit cards and neither has worked and both have enough funds . So frustrating !😠