bad guest experience but airbnb removed all the comments

Ida31
Level 1
Livingston, United Kingdom

bad guest experience but airbnb removed all the comments

I had many great airbnb experience. but recently for the first time, a host at St Agnes, UK provided less positive experience.

Not to go into detail, they have 100% good review so we thought great. this would be nice. we were very disappointed with our stay. I for the first time I have given a host a 2 star review. It was sticking to the facts. Generally, all the hosts would show us the place when first met, what is off limits what should be ok. They didn't really show us that we could use their kitchen. so we  didn't go in there. there was a little mentioning of the clause in the listing that 'it is off limit in evening for family use'. so just based on this 1 difference about how things should work. the rest of the review were removed. I now realise that  it is their policy but is it a good policy for both hosts, guests and airbnb?

Anyway I doubt this is post would reach anyone. I would suspect airbnb may likely censor this. but if it does get out, i am considering closing my account after more than 15+ airbnb experience. 

The fact that this host bad mouthed me when I also have 100% great reviews with my hosts from the past. and airbnb let the comment stay while deleting my honest review. make my experience very sour. 

For the good hosts out there, airbnb might be harbouring some bad hosts while deminishing your good customer pool. Is it really the protection you want?

4 Replies 4
Jack90
Level 6
Queensland, AU

It's really hard to be able to say anything as, as you have said, you haven't gone into really any detail on what happened during your stay. Airbnb rarely removes reviews, unless there is clear evidence that it was false or motivated by some ulterior purpose. I absolutely agree with this policy as hosts and guests alike should not have to deal with wrong reviews or those motivated by other reasons. Obviously, deleting an accurate and truthful review should absolutely not occur either. Airbnb is quite strict on their review policy and it is very difficult to remove a review from my experience. 

Poor experiences do happen from time to time, but the majority of stays and guests are great. Most hosts and guests are great people and provide fantastic experiences!

Kind regards,

Jack

Ida31
Level 1
Livingston, United Kingdom

I would say i had about 2-3 mediocre experiences out of 15+ but This is the worst so far. I wouldn't say it was a nightmare. what really gets me is I can't believe the things happened to us were unique. The hosts were unapologetic at all regarding how they treated us in fact tell us to use a hotel instead of their home in their review to us. It gives me thought that they have done it before regarding deleting bad reviews. They were very quick about it. none of the excellent experiences in their review has been experienced by us. We were thinking no way no one has mentioned how clearly you can hear the share bathroom from your room.

The bottom line is 'can I trust airbnb listing any more. Does Airbnb value guests' honest opinion at all?'

Anyway, I am a bit sick of dealing with Airbnb. They just called twice on the same day when i forget to bring my phone with m. Then not bother to communicate any further. and refused to take down the host's allegation that I was demanding (it has no basis and none was mentioned). They have only spent less than 10min with me when I was there for 2 nights.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hard to comment, because you haven't actually specified what it was about the listing that wasn't in line with their description and what it was about the hosts behaviour that made it such an unpleasant experience for you?

2 star is an incredibly low rating. What was it that made you give the listing/host this rating?

Airbnb would only remove your review if what you said was factually inaccurate or if you mentioned something to do with a live claim through their resolution centre.

I often spend only 10 minutes with my guests. I try to greet them when they come in and chat a few minutes. I ask them to let me know (text me, or holler up the stairs) if something goes wrong, or if they need anything at all. Often, that is all the communication with the guests. I will chat a little if I run into them coming or going, but I don't intrude on their privacy to knock on their door for anything. I will try to say good-bye and thank them for staying with us, but if they leave early, this doesn't happen. I feel guests are renting my apartment, not me. I believe most guests value their privacy. I know I value mine.