bad guests

bad guests

I had some guests ( and I found out too late), that stole nice pillows from my place, replaced them with old ones, hammered nails into the walls above all of the windows in order to hang blankets or sheets, and left the place in shambles. My manager was not aware of these things at the time that she cleaned it. I came up days later to find the problems. Is there anything I can do?

3 Replies 3
NanciandNathan0
Level 5
Lake Buena Vista, FL

I beleibe if it's over the 48 hours Air gives hosts to place a claim there's not much you can do.  You can try to call AIr to plead your case.  But take photos so if they are willing to listen you have back up! Good luck!

Konstantinos8
Level 2
Chania, Greece

It honestly seems to me that your manager is only looking to collect his/her fees ,and does not care about your place.

"Sorry, I failed to notice a few extra nails on the walls" Really?

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

What a pity you had that experience - as you are depending on your manager to look after the place I would question why your manager did not alert you to the shambles they left the place in. It has meant you can't rely on the security deposit. Remember to review the guest so that others are aware of what happened but be very careful about accusing guests of stealing items. It's a public accusation and you need to have proof.