bed linen

Sherry29
Level 1
Bath, United Kingdom

bed linen

I have a guest coming for about a month, what to do about changing the bedding???

6 Replies 6
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

It depends.  If there is a washer/drier they could wash the linen/towels themselves and you could just give them a double set.  If not, you would need to discuss with your guest. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would suggest a change of linen, bath towels and weekly clean.

Make sure it is absolutely clean and fresh.
I always have a clean spare set. Getting negative comments for this subject - would be very bad should they comment about this drawback.

Freshly laundered bedding already on bed just wasn't sure if we are suppose the strip and wash the bedding for them or not, hotels would but obviously airbnb is not a hotel

@Sherry29   You could give them a choice or decide what is best for you. The door to my guest room has a lock, I put the extra bedding in there and say if they would like things like this done to please leave the door open. So far they have all done it themselves. Same for cleaning if it's a long term stay.

Anastacia0
Level 3
Phoenix, AZ

Provide an extra set, and put it in your house rules they must leave ONE set clean when they check out... so you are ready w/ a 24 hr check in guest to follow (as you normally would) that leaves them open to change their set if (like my son threw up at our stay at 2am!)

anything over a week, they need to do their own clothes, so can wash the linens they slept on too.

My place is private, I don't stay while they are there, so they must do eveything, just as they were at home. My home is not a hotel, but an alernative IMMERSION, it is just like Grandma's-and Gram likes to see you come visit, but go after a week stay 🙂