blocking off my calendar

Betty20
Level 1
Spokane, WA

blocking off my calendar

I have blocked off a couple months this fall so that I can travel, however when I go to look at October and November, Airbnb has unblocked a few of the dates.  I am puzzled and concerned as to why the time does not stay blocked.  I am concerned about going on vacation and having someone reserve my place while I am gone.  This would lead to a very unhappy traveler arriving to find the lights out and the door locked.  I only allow booking up to 3 months out, and the dates opened seem to be 3 months out.  I have manually blocked all of October and November.  What else can I do?

3 Replies 3
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Betty20, I am looking at Oct-Nov and there are no free dates on your calendar. Problem seems to be solved.

I just re-blocked today. In a few days there will be open days again. I see in nosing around the community that this had happened to many others. One way to stop unwanted bookings is to turn off instant booking, which I have done. I still have to babysit the sight, which I don't want to do when I'm out of the country.
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Why not put the listing on snooze for a while?