calendar changes won't save - any tips/solutions?

David1171
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

calendar changes won't save - any tips/solutions?

Hi everyone - I'm trying to update my calendar with different prices for different nights (not Airbnb's recommended prices) but when I enter the price and hit save it just reverts back to the prior pricing. It usually takes 4-5 times of repeating the same steps before the new pricing saves.

Any tips on how to get around this? It makes the process of updating very time consuming.

I use a Dell PC laptop and Google Chrome browser.

Thanks so much!

Dave

21 Replies 21
Susie5
Level 10
Boston, MA

@David1171, I'm finding the same thing, although it  "only" takes twice, usually. Will be interested in what people say about this!

Thanks Susie!

I'm having the same issues with pricing not updating.  I was turning the smart price back on and customizing the other dates and nothing changes.  I'm brand new so thought it was a learning curve but have been quite frustrated with this entire process. 

Oh, and I've tried three different browsers.  Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer. 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@David1171 @Matthew-and-Mary-Ann0 @Susie5

the same thing here... it started about 6 months ago, I had to change price 2x to be saved. Then, since 1 month ago I had to change it 10 or more times. Or it saves new price but when I go to the next month and back , the old price is on again...

I contacted Airbnb few times, last time when I was unable to save it even after 30 x, they have done something so after 1 hour I was able to save it after second attempt, but now problem is back again.

I use laptop with chrome. On explorer and mozzila is even worse.

The only thing you can do is to contact ABB on twitter again and again...

@Branka-and-Silvia0@Matthew-and-Mary-Ann0@Susie5

Thanks you all so much. Obviously a bug in the program. I will contact them also. Maybe if more people bring the issue to light they will be able to prioritize it.

Thanks!

I am having the same issue. Given how much $ AIrbnb makes off hosts, it is absurd that they do not have a ticket system to resolve bugs. C'mon guys! Give your hosts the value they bring you.

Hosts, I have been impressed with the quality of customer service and bug resolution I have received with a different hosting platform called Peerspace. Perhaps some friendly competition between companies will help Airbnb become more responsive to us.

Nik12
Level 2
Chicago, IL

YES!!!! I'm having to update each rate SIX TIMES before it stays!!!!!! THIS IS INSANE!!!!!!!!

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@David1171

It was bad before ...but since ABB introduced new synchronized calendars feature few weeks ago it become terrible

I have the same problem

The rates should be 40 pounds but it automatically reverts to 2 pounds per night and I am inundated with bookings !

I am also new to ABB and am horrified that they have a bug like this.

If its not corrected I will simply withdraw and rather use bookings .com

Chris

First, update your price. Do not click 'confirm' yet. Then click just outside the price box. Now click on 'confirm'.  This way, it works!

I'm had this frustrating problem for the last couple of years and it has cost me bookings and caused embarrassment when I have to explain the the price advertised is incorrect! I wonder if it relates to times that Airbnb makes upgrades to its system that impacts saved chengescto individual users?? 

Nicky30
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

I cannot even view my calender so unable to change or check blocked dates! I'm pretty sure I blocked out my calender for the summer as needing to take a break from hosting but still getting requests. Come on Airbnb whats going on?

Jana---B0
Level 1
Bend, OR

Yes. Frustrating. I just booked guests, found that they are expecting to pay less than what I had entered in my listing. *^&$&^%$%&^!!.

The most frustrating thing is trying to figure out how to call Airbnb about this. What if there's an emergency with a guest - how do we get immediate human aid?