can I set a price increase to start at a future date

Julia173
Level 2
Stourton, GB

can I set a price increase to start at a future date

I would like to put my price up starting mid February.  do I have to wait until then or can I do it in advance which seems fairer for people looking ahead?

5 Replies 5
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Julia173 you can ad it now (we've already set pur prices for next summer). Go to your calendar (preferably on a laptop/PC, I never do pricing on one of the apps) and on the calendar go to the beginning of February and either drag the bars to a new date or enter the dates in the boxes and enter the price.

thanks Victoria, but presumably that only works if the calendar is open at that date  - I only have my calendar open 3 months ahead as I am nervous of commiting further forward in case life happens!  so mid feb appears blocked at the moment so no prices are showing....am i being dim?

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Julia173 you're not being dim but at all if you only have your calendar open for the next 3 months then you can't set the prices beyond that.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hello @Julia173@Victoria57 quite correct but my question is why do you want to set prices for dates that you don't have available?  Are you a bit concerned about your commitment to being an Air BNB host?  If so, what are your concerns?  Perhaps we can be of assistance with your concerns.

I am not really concerned, I think i am just thinking ahead so that I did not have to check ahead to see when those dates opened really. I think I have priced myself rather conservatively but rather than putting prices straight up, and thinking January could be quiet I was really wondering about putting it up in mid February, that is all.