cancelation

Ian8
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

cancelation

A reservation has been canceled yet the guest still appears in my calendar?

13 Replies 13
Kristen0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I have the same problem and the dates are still blocked....were you able to resolve this?

I canceled a reservation but still shows up in the calendar anyone know how to remove this??

I'm having the same issue, I tried change dates for a reservation, the guest never received the approval, So I canceled the reservation hoping the guest can reschedule, but the calendar won't free up for the guest to pick the correct dates.  Help!!!  this is going to kill my chances for getting super host.

did you find out how to do this? I am in the same position and do not know what to do?

Kristen0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi Lovely Airbnb people,

A guest has cancelled their booking 3 months in advance, I cancelled on my side but the booking is still showing up and blocking my calender as if they were still booked.

Can anyone advise me if I have cancelled the booking correctly?

Thanks

Kristen

Same issue, have two listings at house, one i cancelled as she booked wrong dates, she has rebooked other room but the first room still shows her cancelled booking and  calendar is still showing her there but cancelled, same issue as the other hosts, is there a time issue that has to take place until dates are released. 

Michelle

that you canceled one of your reservations. We encourage you to publicly respond to clarify why you needed to cancel.

Unavailable/Blocked calendar. Your calendar will stay blocked and you won't be able toACCEPTanother reservation for the same dates of the canceled reservation.

Loss of eligibility for Superhost status. You won't be eligible toEARNSuperhost statusfor one year after your most recent cancellation.

For Instant Book Hosts only

Hosts who use Instant Book can cancel up to 3 times, penalty-free, if they have concerns with a guest’s behavior before or during their trip.

If you need to cancel within 24 hours of check in, contact us. Otherwise,FOLLOWthe steps below:

1. Go to Your Reservations and find the reservation you need to cancel
  2. Click CHANGEor Cancel
  3. Select “I’m uncomfortable with the guest’s behavior”
  4. Provide a reason for the cancellation

Once you have completed these steps, your host penalties will automatically be waived and we’ll help your guest find another place to stay for their trip.

O DEAR JUST FOUND THIS ON ANOTHER POST, so unless there is a personality clash or a big issue it doesnt pay to cancel a booking. 

Michelle

I have to take my cabin out of AURBNB for 1 year

I have rented my Cabin for a year lease to someone.

When people inquire I can't decline

I hit decline and the thing says send a message to your upcomming guests.

What am I suppose to do????

Same issue here, had to cancel a long weekend since there was 4 day minimum stay (which you can't set dynamically), now cancelled reservation still shows in my calendar.  Is there a way to undo the cancellation?  i can't find how to do that, guess it's not possible. There was quick communication between guest and myself and plenty of time to rebook alternative accommodation, bit strange that you get penalized as Host with the calender blocking.  Thank goodness for other alternative booking sites!  I learned from my newby mistake

I'm curious...what other alternative booking sites are there?

You should never have cancelled it, the guest should have cancelled it.  You won't be able to re-book those dates now and you will get a financial penalty next time you do this.  You need to get in contact with airbnb and let them know you made a mistake and hopefully they can fix this. 

Stephanie103
Level 1
Colorado Springs, CO

I pre-apprived someone over dates, but then someone else booked within that time.  I never manually apprived that request however.  So, I cancelled their reservation as I had already dedicated the room to another.  Now will I have a penalty?  I want Air b & b to waive any penalties as I think this was just a glitch. 

can you actually talk to anyone directly at Air B&B over the phone or even email?

Be careful. You really don't ever want to cancel a reservation since you get severe penalties.

Even if you approve someone, if they don't book in time it is fair game for another guest to book it first. That is not your fault.

But cancelling gives you penalties.

Here's the airbnb customer service phone # and maybe they can help: 1 (415) 800-5959

Good luck!

Deb