cancelations

Ciara3
Level 1
Rojales, Spain

cancelations

HELP I am new to Air BNB and I am a host. I have a few people interested and pre approved for dates in August. But last night I cancelled one guys booking because I hadnt preapproved it and it overlapped with another guest who I was waiting to book. Now no one can book as that week is blocked out!! How can I unblock and free the week. ???

4 Replies 4
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

You do not have to pre approve, you have Instant Book on.

Cancelling a guest is a big no no and one ofthe penalties is that your calender is blocked.

David
Samir8
Level 1
Bezons, France

It may happen that as a host, a reservation is cancelled by mistake for exemple. The host must be able to reinstate a cancelled booking.

Sara2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Ciara3 I would suggest that you don't put your babies photo as your profile .sara

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello Ciara

If you can (BnB has made it mandatory for some new hosts), I would suggest you turn off instant book. This will allow you to talk to guests through the messaging system to make sure they are a good fit, before confirming their bookings.

All the more important when you have young children.

It's unfair to cancel a guest's booking unless absolutely essential as they are likely to have made travel and other arrangements around this. BnB takes this very seriously  - will block the dates out in your calendar, stop you from having Superhost status for a year and it will be highlighted in your listing, which will put others off from booking.

I would give BnB a call and explain that as a new host you didn't understand the system and see if they can be flexible on this occassion.

Do spend some time to familarise yourself with how BnB works - you are running a business by letting out accommodation and it will really help you if you are familiar with how BnB works.