canceling reservation

Maha2
Level 1
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

canceling reservation

Hello. I'd like to take an opinion on this matter since it's the first time happens.

I booked an apartment (supposed to be) for 5 nights for 6 memebers (2 in each room)

when we arrived host wasn't there, her neighbor was there to check us in. Then he showed us the place, it wasn't an apartment, it was 3 rooms in a building, each room has it's own key, he gave us one key to access to the main building, however I asked her few weeks ago about getting more than one key and she approved. Because we're a big family.

Also, one of the room's windows are closed as in locked, it can't be open. there's no air condition which is ok for me, but the room smelled of old wood and sheets, there was no air.

I decided to cancel my reservation 3 hours after checking in, we'll stay one night and we're leaving tomorrow. 

I want to know when will I recieve my money back?

What if the host didn't accept my cancelation? 

Thank you.

Maha

2 Replies 2
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Maha2

Very hard to comment without a link to the listing and under what cancellation policy the booking was made. Do you have a printout of the itinerary/booking with all the details ? There you should also find a number to contact airbnb.

If a listing is not as described, you should contact airbnb and have the booking cancelled for a full refund.  A refund can take up to 7 working days.  

Payment is flexible in the listing, however I just saw the last review someone wrote it just few days ago (I didn't see it I booked the place 1-2 months ago

This is it and I agree with it "The house was in a quiet good location. The two studios were new and nice, but the apartment was no good at all, the windows were old and we couldn't open them. The lights of the apartment and both studios were out of order and the night we couldn't see anything, the only light we had was a lamp! Last but not least the host couldn't speak English, so we spend 1 hour to find the house."

This is why I don't think it's worth staying, besides WiFi isn't working at all. I found a better alternative a much better. 

Thank you.

Maha