cancelled reservation

Lili5
Level 1
Paraty, BR

cancelled reservation

Hello,

I am a host and cancelled a reservation because the person wasn´t staying for long. But now, Airbnb is blocking me from opening up those same dates. Even though they have been cancelled. Any tips?

Thanks,

Lili

3 Replies 3
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Lili5 Airbnb takes a very dim view of hosts cancelling reservations and impose several penalties to deter hosts from cancelling.  One of the penalties is to block the reservation dates so they cannot be re-reserved and another is to post an automatic review in the listing  informing prospective guests that you cancelled a reservation.  You can read more about these penalties here: 

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/990/how-do-host-cancellation-penalties-work

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

You could set a minimum night stay if you don't want short visits. Never cancel anyone if you can avoid it!

Lo0
Level 1
Brighton, United Kingdom

I am new to hosting and hadn't realised instant booking was switched on. A guest booked to stay over night. Unfortunately I wasn't home for that evening. I got in touch with my guest same day. She is asking me to reemburse her by cancelling her stay. I cannot work out how to do this and I hate that there's no phone number to call to help with this problem. I have sent the guest my phone details so I can pay the fee back to her. Not sure I'm doing the right thing. This happened a week ago and I don't blame her for getting impationed now.