cancelling a guest reservation

Christine161
Level 2
Méounes-lès-Montrieux, France

cancelling a guest reservation

hello

i guest has just reserved for a few nights end of july, he said he clicked on the wrong listing and wanted in fact to book another property. I am new to airbnb and i have no confirmed reservation so far appart form this one. the guest is asking me to cancel the reservation from my end so that he doesnt have to pay the cancellation fe. I want to know if i can do this without having any penalties, it seems you can cancela  reservation without fee once every 6 month , however is japardise the possiblility for me to achieve a good status . what should i do? i would like to help this guest but only if it doesnt have any effect on my ratings . i didnt make the mistake 

many thanks 

2 Replies 2
Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

Nope. Do not cancel on his behalf. You do have 3 "freebie" cancellations as an InstantBook host, but you need to save those for your own use, not for somebody else's mistake.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

As the guest made a mistake, I would ask him/her to contact airbnb from their end and explain the situation.  It is not fair that you should do a lot of work for nothing when it is clearly his mistake and he has admitted that it is.