check in and check out day

Sara74
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

check in and check out day

Hi, I would like to make my check in and check out days  Saturdays only so people can only do saturday to saturday - is this possible? Thanks

5 Replies 5
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

@Sara74 You can do this in the availability settings section of your calendar. Just click add a requirement for seasons or weekends and you can select the day you want people to check in/out. See the Help area for details.

Hello there,

This function appears to only define the check-in day.  Not the check-out day.  

So, there still isn't a way to ensure that all bookings are by the week, i.e. Saturday-to-Saturday.

For example: we just received a booking where the guest checks in on a Saturday (as our advanced settings require) ... but then checks out not the following Saturday, but the Monday afterwards.  The booking is not for 7 nights, Saturday-to-Saturday; it's for 9 nights, Saturday-to-Monday.

Which is a problem for us, because housekeeping is organized to happen only on Saturdays.

Can anyone advise how to set BOTH the check-in and the check-out date as the same day of the week?

Thanks!

@Caterina61 

Only works for week long stays...but you can also define the minimum number of nights....

Julia66
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

@Sara74  You can set your minimum stay for 7 nights and also your maximum stay for 7 nights, but you would lose out on bookings from anyone wanting multiple full weeks, if you want that.  You can mention longer stays in your listing, but it wouldn't come up in a search with longer dates.

Thanks, yes, that's the issue — allowing week-by-week bookings, for any length of time.  This is the standard format on VRBO.