check out time

Pascale85
Level 2
Evergem, Belgium

check out time

Our check out time is 10hr. in order to clean the apartment for the next guests at 15hr. 

We always mentioned that to the guests.

But today they send us a message telling us they were already on the road to somewhere and they would come back at 15hr. ??

I send several messages and phoned but they didn't respond. At last at 14.48hr they arrived at the apartment

so what can i do in the future if this happens.

Luckely we didn't have guests today otherwise we would be in trouble.

mvg

Pascale

7 Replies 7
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Pascale85

Even if you have covered this in the original booking, when your guests arrive remind them about the checkout time - and say it's because you have another guest arriving that afternoon and need to clean the room. 

Hello, we always do. 

First time we had this situation and made things complicated

Thank you for the advice and we will repeat it twice to the guests.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Pascale85

during our check in process and registration we ask them when do they intend to leave on a check out day. They usually know it bc they have plane tickets and plans. If they mention anytime after our normal check out time then we remaind them that check out is at 11 and then we can arrange to keep their luggage or explain them where they can store it on train station. So you could do it too.

Sometimes they check out 10-20 min later, max half hour but rarely longer.... 5 hours later is really unexeptable.

We had similar situation like yours just ones... but it was because our guests thought their check out is tomorow. 

Hi all, i am a newbie.. Checkout time was supposed to be 10 am.. But guest mentioned to go out; and will return to retrieve the belonging.. So I agreed to it. I also email this morning to make sure that he understand I would need to entry the room and start cleaning at noon time. When I am home at 3 pm to clean. He is still in the room... I politely ask him that I would need to start cleaning. And he said would stay til 5pm til friend comes pick him up.. What should I do? Any recommendation? 

You stop him and tell him to get his stuff out.

Or you will.

His choice.

Wendy-and-Frank0
Level 10
Stonington, CT

Collect their belongings, put them in a laundry basket or cardboard box (you don't have to pack), put that basket in the living room or wherever, and start cleaning.

Everytime I come on these forums, I am grateful for the guests I do have.

Thank you for the feedback. As much as I want to, it is kind hard to start. I did start take out the bedsheet and blanket to wash. And I started cleaning out the common area/ bathroom...etc. It is approach to 5 pm now.. I really speechless. And I don't even know how do I leave a review on it for this guest..