check out

Sophie208
Level 1
Cardiff, United Kingdom

check out

I am usually meant to be working when guests are due to check out. Up until now I have rushed around to make sure I am there for check out.

I feel that being there for check in is very important, for introductions, house rules, atmoespehere etc. But I don't feel so strongly about check out.

It would be far more convenient for me if my guests could eave the keys on the table and leave as they found the flat. Is this ok to do or is it considered rude?

Cheers 🙂

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

yes it's fine 

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

It;s fine - as long as you have established a relationship with the guests they are more than happy (an probably feel less under pressure) to leave the keys on the table, or in a mailbox. We do it all the time an it works very well.

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

There's no need to be around on check out as you have up to 48h to call airbnb in case something went wrong. 

From the guest perspective, leaving them to check out alone is likely to be perceived as a sign of trust. 

Jenny135
Level 2
Trondheim, Norway

We ask guests to leave the keys where they found it - the hallway - whenever we are at work, or more commenly when one are at work and the other just got back from a night-shift. We also ask the guests if they are fine with that arrangement, and have not had a complaint yet.