city of Pierrefonds, changes in the bylaws

Liliana203
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

city of Pierrefonds, changes in the bylaws

Date:  Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2018

To:  Airbnb Host

Re:  Pierrefonds-Roxboro draft bylaw will soon prohibit Tourist Home for all but one small residential zone in far west part of the borough

Please contact me ASAP if you would like free information how to legally oppose this draft bylaw which is subject to a register/referendum for eligible voters 

living in the borough of Pierrefonds-Roxboro.  People eligible to sign must meet the following requirements:

• Live in one of the affected residential zones in the borough of Pierrefonds-Roxboro,  
  • Canadian citizen, 
  • Age 18 or more,  
  • Have lived in the province of Quebec for at least 6 months.

The draft bylaw CA29 0040-34 and the public notice is available in French and in English on the borough website at this link:

http://applicatif.ville.montreal.qc.ca/som-en/pdf_avis/pdfav25390.pdf

The steps include: 

1.  Collecting at least 12 signatures on a valid application form that I will provide adding your residential zone identified on the borough's zoning map.
  2.  Submitting the application form I will provide to you within the 8-day period or I will submit it if you can not. 
  3.  Contacting eligible voters in your residential zone to inform them of the issue and the date of the register which must be signed at the borough hall

on ONLY ONE WEEK DAY between 9 AM and 7 PM within a 45-day period following adoption by the P-R borough council which alone decides the date of the register.  

The number required to block this bylaw will be about 10% of eligible voters in your residential zone.

Description of the steps of a zoning bylaw change/Etapes pour une changement de zonage:

http://aprpr.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Proc%C3%A9duresAdoptionR%C3%A8glements.pdf

A group of citizens organized in 2009 set up a website and go to P-R borough council meetings in order to force the elected officials to respect the rights and

wishes of residents.  This website is dormant but archive material from 2009-2017 is online at:  aprpr.org

RSVP.  Urgent.  Please share with other residents/Airbnb hosts.  Thank you.

Martha **

**[E-mail address hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Reply 1
JoseLuis157
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

Hello Liliana, This is too bad that the bylaw just passed. This is totally unfair as we do our living sharing our houses. I would like to know if you guys will continue offering your houses risking to get fined by the borough or should we stop doing aibnb.

Thanks.