cover photo

Sharon27
Level 1
Arles, France

cover photo

Hi everyone. 

My cover photo is ending up as a shot of the sky and a bit of roof. I was looking for a way to adjust it like on Facebook but I don't think this exists unless anyone can tell me how to do it. If not has anyone got any experience of cropping or tweaking to get a good cover image.

I have good quality photos, mostly taken by professionals so I don't want to get more I just want to know how to format what I have. At the moment it's ruining my listing.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Sharon

38 Replies 38
Leona8
Level 1
Boston, MA

Looks like the image should be no wider than 590px, from what I can tell. I just peeked at the source code of an image someone posted earlier! - Leona's niece

Jennifer692
Level 2
Babson Park, FL

It's not that difficult guys....they just MAKE it difficult.  You do not do it from the photo section.  Go to Your Listings the selection "Listings Page."  On that page you can reposition your cover photo by dragging it around.  I wish they had a "shrink to fit" or some other sort of editing but they don't.  You will lose part of your photo but at least you will get the photo so it isn't just a shot of the sky.  This can ONLY be done on your cover photo.

That is not the same photo as the listing's cover photo.

Everyone should give feedback on this. Getting the cover photo you want should be easy and predictable. It's not.

Here is the feedback tool:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

Darien1
Level 2
Suffern, NY

Thank You! The cover photo template was extremely helpful! 

Marko17
Level 5
Bled, Slovenia

I can't beleive that listing cover photos are so trashy looking (are not optimised). WTF AirBnB? This should be a basic feature. 

Linda871
Level 2
Comares, Spain

Delete

Sally-Joan0
Level 1
Durban North, South Africa

Figured out a way to do this on an iPhone.  Downloaded an app called Image Size, and just adjusted the dimensions to 1080x700 and this seems to show the full picture on the listing without any weird cropping. 

Im looking for directions on how to select a different picture for my cover photo....