damaged item

Tara-and-Michael0
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

damaged item

IMG_6882.JPGMy guests damaged our sofa, with a nasty tar stain, which came off their stained pants. Is such damage insured, the guests leave tomorrow. Do I need to file claim asap?

3 Replies 3
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Tara-and-Michael0

if your guest is still here I would call cleaning service and ask them to come and clean it while guest is present because those stains have to be cleaned as soon as possible. And give him a bill to pay immediately. 

Ones he moves out he may or may not agree to pay and if you escalate it to Airbnb who knows if and when it will be resolved.

browse the net for advices how to clean it

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Tara-and-Michael0

Hi guys, although I do agree with @Branka-and-Silvia0 I would not pursue compensation through the resolution centre! Your chances of success are fairly minimal and if the guest feels you are going to make some claim on him he will leave you a really bad review and that may have a long term consequences for you.

There are many great cleaning agents on the market now which restore just about anything to its former glory. We have to cope with Make-up, blood, red wine, beetroot and other food dyes.....it just comes with the territory. But we have the appropriate cleaning agents to put it right again!

If the guest is still there say to him that the stain is disappointing, unfortunate and not something that you welcome but with a bit of hard work on your part it should be ok. That puts the guest to shame but, as you have not penalised him, would also feel he needs to review you kindly.

Your call guys but these minor things really need to be dealt with in house rather than making a big deal that will end poorly for you!

Cheers.....Rob 

i didn't mean through resolution center... but i agree with @Robin4 totaly