deactivate Instant book feature

Susie12
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

deactivate Instant book feature

I have just started as a host and have been told that I cannot deactivate the instant book feature. Whats up with that???

7 Replies 7
Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb are experimenting possibility of compulsory Instant booking on some new hosts, if they have informed you that you can't deactivate then it would appear you are one of those new hosts.

If you are OK to contine with IB, then perhaps tighten ypu settings and rules so if you have to decline any guest who book instantly, the it will be because they do not fit yor criteria and then you won't get penalised by Airbnb.

If you are OK to continue with IB, then perhaps tighten your settings and rules so if you have to decline any guest who has booked instantly, then it will be because they do not fit your criteria clearly state din your rules/ description and then you won't get penalised by Airbnb.

All the best,

Ama

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Susie12 What @Amaris0 said is correct. This is an unfortunate experiment by AirBnB. You can't opt out. What you can try is to delete your listing entirely and recreate it. According to people who have insider information, the experiment is being conducted on only 25% of new hosts. Therefore, if you start over, you have a 75% chance that your next attempt won't be included in the experiment. That said, a couple of new hosts have had their listing included even on their second try.

Good luck!

Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hmmm interesting approach, good to know that there is a possibility to get round this unfair imposition.

Susie, it would be appreciated if you update this post with the outcome please if you decide to go down this route.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Susie12

I don't have a different solution but am joining to keep informed when you report your experience in case you relist.

There have been countless hosts reporting the same issue you have through this unfair secret experiment by Airbnb.

And a number of hosts taking time out to lend a helping hand explaining what's up.

If you do find a workable solution, please do inform in this thread, so that we at least know and can pass it on in future.

Thank you and good luck!

I thought the idea of de-listing and starting from scratch a great one if it helps. Admittedly a nuisance with the extra work,

but the lesser of 2 evils when comparing to the Instant Book feature that isn't at all suited for the home situation of many hosts.

@Andrea9@Susie12@Amaris0 The delete/recreate trick has been reported to work by a couple of hosts, but one affected host tried it twice in a row and got the forced IB both times. If it, indeed, does work, it's a game of chance.

Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Yes, you did say it was a 75% chance as opposed to guaranteed but like @Andrea wrote, it is the less of two evils so definitely worth the try and good to know, after all someone has to be part of that 75%it might work for so maybe it might be @Susie's lucky day 🙂

Thanks again

I can confirm - if you create a new listing >with a new account< you can get out of this awful feature. This is the Brexit of airbnb.