enquiry from guest that has 1 'recommended by host' but no review

Veronika2
Level 3
Emsworth, United Kingdom

enquiry from guest that has 1 'recommended by host' but no review

Hi

I just had a new enquiry and under the name, verification was the 'this guest is recommended by 1 host'. And a little pic of that host.

But when I clicked on the guest profile, it does not have details of who was the host who recommended and also weirdly he has no reviews. 

which is strange as one would assume if someone was recommended by a host, they should have a good review too?

has anyone had this and do you know why? The guest seems genuine and the enquiry message was  good too, so he seems like a good potential guest, so I am just wondering why is there no review?

Or can we now not see guest reviews if we are not superhosts?

1 Reply 1
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Veronika2

being superhost has nothing to do with being able to read reviews. There are so many new users on Airbnb that more than half of them have no reviews  yet and nothing written about them in their profiles.  Many of them have no profile picures .

If you are concerned you can always ask your guests to show you their photo ID-s and take a picture of it or just write down their personal data. That way you will always know who has a key to your place. We do it all the time, it is obligated in Croatia.