florida sales tax

florida sales tax

Dear Community,

AirBnB announced that, happily, they will be collecting FL sales tax as of December 1. I have several clarification questions:

1. Will collect money on all bookings physially made after December 1 or on all booking that start after December 1 even if they had been made prior to that day? If only the first, that could prove to be very confusing since I have a bunch of bookings for up to July 2016, all made before Dec 1. How are we going to differentiate what to pay?

2. Are the state taxes going to be passed completely onto the clients and not to us? In other words, I do not have to worry about filing state taxes on Airbnb bookings anymore?

While I applaud the decision to help with state taxes, any further instructions would be terrific. Thanks!

77 Replies 77
Ellen341
Level 2
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

FYI Florida hosts 

Legislation is under consideration in the Florida Statehouse SB 824 is a bill that protects private property rights of homeowners in Florida to rent their property as they decide is best for them – including using that property as a vacation rental.

The bill is up for a hearing Tomorrow, Tuesday, March 26th in the Senate Innovation, Industry & Technology Committee. There will be an amendment making changes to the original version, but still strengthening preemption of vacation rental regulations to the state.

Please take a minute to send a message  ( https://p2a.co/0FDULVj    <-----copy and paste this address) to Florida Senators to support vacation rentals by accepting amendment barcode #586172 to SB 824.

Awesome! Thanks Ellen, that's just what we need.

Hi!

I'm late to this party, and wondering if you've heard anything about this?  Thank you!