how can I know if the guest got my approval?

MariaTeresa3
Level 2
Cochabamba Department, Bolivia

how can I know if the guest got my approval?

1 Reply 1
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@MariaTeresa3 Airbnb recommends that guests send out  inquiries to many hosts at the same time.  They may get several Pre-Approvals in response to their inquiries.  The guest then can choose which one the want to accept.   So if a guest sends out 10 inquiries to hosts in your area, they may get 7 Pre-Approvals.  They then can select the one they want to accept and ignore the rest.  Sometimes a guest will respond and say "Thanks, but we found another place" or may not respond at all. 

When you send a Pre-Approval, the guest has 24 hours to accept and the reservation is automatically confirmed.  After 24 hours, if the guest accepts you will have the option to accept or decline. 

Likewise, you can send out as many Pre-Approvals as you want, even for the same dates.  The first guest that responds during the first 24 hours gets the reservation. 

So, to answer your question, you can trust that the guest received your Pre-Approval, but know that you may or may not get a response.  If you do, terrific, if not, don't worry about it. 

Hope this helps!