how to upload a photo of ID to verify

Lisa37
Level 3
Pelican Lagoon, Australia

how to upload a photo of ID to verify

I need to verify my photo government ID to book with another host.
I can't work out how to do it.
I do not have a camera on my PC, and if I take a photo of my passport, where is the fuction to upload the photo file?

I am a host, who has taken many bookings in the last year.  This is my first experience with making a booking and it is very frustating.
Surely it should not b e this hard to verify!

100 Replies 100
Alicia151
Level 1
New York, United States

I have the Airbnb app on my phone and still can not upload my ID vervication..  This is really fustrating!!!!!

Been trying to reserve and /or upload for 3 hrs. with out success as well.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks a million- I have been wasting a lot of time on my IPad, but as soon as I took your advice and used my IPhone, it was very easy.   😀😀😀

Thomas, you alleviated significant stress with this information. I was losing my s***, thinking that this was a race-related issue, only to read your tip and change the browser from Chrome to Safari. Reservation confirmed. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I have my drivers license picture on my desktop.  How do i load it to the airbnb?

I have spent hours on it to.  I needed the room, thank God the lady trusted me to come on in, but I still cant get it done.

I have, also, been trying to upload an ID photo and the app as well as the website will not allow me to do so.  This website and app is sooo frustrating.

Peggy

Robyn88
Level 1
Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I have been sitting here with my credit card and my driver's license in hand and I CANNOT BOOK THE PLACE I WANT!!! HELP!!

Andriatsitohaina0
Level 1
Waynesville, MO

I can't upload my government ID neither with the website nor the app, as a result I cannot book with a host.

What's happening with Airbnb?

Brian270
Level 2
Knightdale, NC

Same for me. I attemped to use Chrome vs. Safari as was suggested, but I did not see anything different. I do not see an option upload an ID, only a photo for your profile picture and a video. I do see there a few more steps recommended in this post and will try that. https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/How-to-help-a-guest-upload-a-government-id-if-they-are-alre...

Update: it ended up working for me by using Firefox and clearning cache to be safe. I was able to see the ID upload portal on the Verify page: https://www.airbnb.com/verify#step/jumio 

Aneta6
Level 1
Prague, Czech Republic

Spent an hour on this too! I tried firefox browser as a last chance and it worked!!! 

Valerie201
Level 2
Escondido, CA

I also have been unable to do the ID process on Airbnb from my iPad in order to book a rental. I was told by Airbnb rep that the site isn't compatible with Apple browser safari and I would need to use a desktop or laptop(which I currently don't have) using chrome or Firefox browser. Why does Airbnb even offer an app through Apple that will not work for this ID verification process???? 

So here I sit for hrs trying to rent a room through airbnb. I only have an iPhone and iPad. Can I do it or not. I downloaded the app and am trying to take a photo of my drivers licence but can't figure how the camera works. Any answers out there. 

Hey there - these seems to not work on a few browsers, especially Safari. This was my last comment:

"Update: it ended up working for me by using Firefox and clearing cache to be safe. I was able to see the ID upload portal on the Verify page: https://www.airbnb.com/verify#step/jumio"