impossible to contact airbnb. Help!

Renee3
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

impossible to contact airbnb. Help!

How does someone reach airbnb with a problem?!  I have two properties listed, yet one, though activated, is not showing at all among the units for rent, for which there is no obvious explanation. (I enter in my available dates, put price within my range, etc.). The other property is maybe a worse situation: it does show as listed, but also, on the descriptive line "about this listing", is added, in red ink "(Edit this listing)" - so a guest can go right in and make changes as they like, then click the booking option! Is there some special secret for being able to reach someone at airbnb to discuss such things, since I've been trying for days, and have not yet succeeded. Perhaps the 'community' has a solution! Though I'm skeptical, in that I see airbnb provides a number of pre-existing topic 'selections' on precisely this subject! (but doesn't display any answers.....)  Of course, since airbnb 'pre-selects' the topics by only making available certain 'boards' which are equally useless when it comes to the actual problem, which is not amongst the topics on the 'boards', who knows who this query even goes to. G

15 Replies 15
Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

This is an extremely common question, in fact, so much so that I think something needs to be done about it.  

It seems that about 2-3 people post on here every day asking how to contact Airbnb, which is why I suggested to Airbnb that they put a notice somewhere on these groups about how to contact Airbnb, or just make this info easier for hosts to find.  Meanwhile, Try using the search function in the box above.  Enter "contact Airbnb" and press enter and you will see several threads come up, one of which is titled, "how to contact airbnb."  

Hi @Renee3,

Here is a "How To" guide on contacting Airbnb by phone.

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Hi Dave

Thanks for these details. Just tried to phone, to be told next Airbnb helper will be available in 30 minutes. I'll try later, having already spent 2 hours on line searching how to fix things!

Aileen

Helen18
Level 2
Birkenhead, United Kingdom

I tried that ages ago and no one got back to me.I was left to handle this problem myself.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Do I live on another Planet!!!! I am absolutely amazed by the contactability reponses I read on the community forum! 

Last night I had a pre-approval request from a guest who has not used Airbnb before, and I gave her pre-approval. When I answered her queries through the airbnb message stream, she wanted to book, but had the impression that from that point on she was dealing with me, not Airbnb. In a number of messages I tried to get accross to her that she had to log back onto Airbnb and  comfirm her request and she had to do it within 24 hours or the request would drop off the system. I did not want her credit card details and the actual booking for the guest was nothing to do with me but I could not seem to get that across to her. She kept on asking me to hold the booking until Wednesday and then she would pay me. 

In desperation I rang Airbnb and within 2...yes that is TWO minutes, I was talking to an Airbnb representative and we sorted the whole thing out.

This is the most contactable company I have ever dealt with....and for the life of me I can't understand how others are having issues with it.....cheers....Rob

Please share a  phone number for Airbnb so that I may talk to a real person concerning my situation.  Please don't tell me to go to the 'help center' because I've been there for over an hour and its no help.  Thank you.

Barbara, use Google to find the phone number for your area.

It does work ... Google is your friend.

Mike
AirBnB Treehouse for Rent
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7292887

Aileen1
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I tried that but have been going round in circles, keep getting back to 'ask the community' My issue is that my French listing is not shown on the map unless someone types in the full address rather than just the  region

Sonia10
Level 1
Pucón, Araucania, Chile

Renee, how very well put was your struggle to get assistance from AirBnB. Feels at this time to us to also be IMPOSSIBLE. Just feels like a totally fraudulent site where listings are manipulated - especially re price, and the so called support team are mentioned but prove to be totally illusive - as you say just re-directing you to people in 'the community' struggling with precisely the same thing. I am unfortunately not providing you with any help, other than to let you know you are not alone.     Bryan in Chile

Hi @Sonia10,

Two people did give @Renee3 advice and if you follow the suggestions or link, you too could learn how to contact Airbnb.  Why would you list your property on what you perceive as a "fraudulent" site?  

If you would like to deactivate your listing @Sonia10, I have included the instructions below.

You can permanently deactivate your listing by going to "Basics" under the listing section of the left hand menu.  The scroll down and find the red link that says "deactivate this listing".

deactivate.png

Happy hosting!

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Channa0
Level 2
Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia

Are you working with airbnb?

Hi @Channa0,

Nobody on the Community Center works for Airbnb.  

Dave

David

Hum, I think Robin might work for them... 😉

As for the link to the phone number page, it said to me: "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action. Click your browser's Back button to continue."

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Alain3.....I wish I did Alain, the money would be handy! When you are retired and have a disabled wife (MS) the money doesn't stretch as far as it used to.

That is a very interesting observation regarding the screen you got when trying to access Airbnb phone numbers. I have had that same screen when I try to view certain posts on the forum so there must be a bit of a glitch in the system somewhere so Alian, for you benefit here are the contact numbers for Airbnb.........

United States and Canada. +1-415-800-5959 / +1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

Argentina+54 11 53 52 78 88                                                            Australia+61 2 8520 3333

Austria+43 72 08 83 800                                                                    Brazil+55 21 3958-5800

Chile+56229380777                                                

China+86 10 5904 5310 / 400 890 0309 (shared-cost)

Denmark+45 89 88 20 00                                                                   France+33 1 84 88 40 00

Germany+49 30 30 80 83 80

Greece+30 211 1989888                                                                    Hong Kong+852 5808 8888

Ireland+353 1 697 1831                                                                     Israel+972 3 939 9977

Italy+39-06-99366533                                            

Japan+81 3 4580 0999 / +81 800 100 1008 (toll-free)

Mexico+52 55 41 70 43 33                                                               Netherlands+31 20 52 22 333

New Zealand+64 4 4880 888                                                            Norway+47 21 61 16 88

Peru+51 1 7089777                                                                            Poland+48 22 30 72 000

Portugal+351 30 880 3888                                                               Puerto Rico+1 787 919-0880

Russia+74954658090- 88003017104 (toll-free

South Korea+82 2 6022 2499 / +82 808 220 230 (toll-free)

Spain+34 91 123 45 67                                                                      Sweden+46 844 68 12 34

Switzerland+41 43 50 84 900                                                           United Kingdom+44 203 318 1111

I am assuming these numbers are still correct! I have not checked for updates for the last few months.

I hope this helps. Tout le meilleur pour vous Alain.

...cheers....Rob